PDA

View Full Version : silly question-chicken pox.....

KaicosMummy
06-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Think a mindee has got the pox, only spots in her nappy area at the mo, but looking blistery. Going to ring mum in a bit. I know exclusion period is five days from onset of rash, do I include today as one of those days, therefor she will be off fri, sat, sun and monday. Or is onset of rash today and she should be off fri, sat, sun, mon and tuesday and come back wednesday? Sorry to be a bit dim! Tia

shortstuff
06-03-2014, 10:26 AM
5 days is a guide and the exclusion is until the spots have scabbed over to my knowledge. So no need to count today in a limited timescale just get parents to keep and eye on the spots. HTH

KaicosMummy
06-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Thank you, I do say at least five days or until all spots have scabbed and no fresh ones are still popping out, I have said I will keep mindee as she goes at half past two before I do school run and it is just the two of us and we will stay in the house, and mum can sort cover for the next few days :-)

amanda preece
15-03-2014, 12:48 PM
I just had one child with the pox and it took six days for all the spots to finally come out and and days and days to scab over, child had two weeks away from setting.