PDA

View Full Version : No mindees during hols

twinkle3005
22-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi

I have 2 mindees term time only and wondered how you all get by during school holidays when wages go down.

Jo xx

katickles
22-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi Jo

I have a term time only mindee at the mo & yes things are going to be tight until I get back to full swing but thats ot realy until end of Set for me.

I have tried to save as much money as poss in the weeks leading upto mindee gong off for hols. This is my first hols of so to speak as i only started minding March but hopefully I will have enough to see me through. If not hubby has said he will help me out for a few weeks :D

Rubybubbles
22-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I have always been quite over the summer hols as loads of people move all the time (hubby RAF) but this summer I'm moving! I am thinking the same though as I finish in 2 weeks and am dreading moving and not having my own income and having to spend all hubbys:laughing: we've had to be really tight getting ready knowing we don't know when work will come my way

fingers crossed not to long!

Some people do charge 1/2 fee to cover the hols, maybe during contract review you should do this. or another one was charge a deposit to grauntee the space come sept then if for any reason they dissapear you have that money to fall on iyswim

mum2two
22-07-2008, 04:37 PM
I only have 1 child term time only. Some days in the hols we've got 10 kids including our own... :panic: :panic: :panic:

What are we letting ourselves in for? Lots of organisation & planning needed I think!

We will be busy - but I think of the extra money!

I have got a couple of quiet days, (only 4 inc mine!), but that's in the first week.

Sorry, doesn't answer your question. Have you advertised everywhere? What about a leaflet drop? I got a couple of people like that.

Kelly x

Rainy
22-07-2008, 06:26 PM
I do a couple of term time only's. The part time one pays me the exact cost each month so in hols my money goes down. My full time one (well 4 days) pays pro rata so i get the same each month every month

fionamal
22-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Its a stuggle sometimes during the hols as ive only got one little one for 2 days a week but it is nice to be able to spend the time with my own kids.