PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Essentials - Educare course review

sarah707
02-03-2014, 04:14 PM
I have just completed the First Aid Essentials Educare course via Childcare.co.uk. I am gold member on Childcare.co.uk so the training was free.

I am due to update my First Aid training later this year, so I thought a CPD review might be a good idea. The Educare course was very easy to follow and I enjoyed working through it and refreshing my memory.

CPR hasn’t changed since I was last trained which is reassuring – it’s still 30 compressions to 2 rescue breaths. Interestingly it talked about 1 – 1.5 seconds per rescue breath which I don’t recall learning before.

This was an interesting snippet – obviously you have to use your common sense but it’s a helpful mantra to repeat –
If it’s hot – cool it
If it’s bleeding – stop it
If it’s broken – don’t move it
I think I can remember that for an emergency situation.

It was a good course and gives me 3 hours of CPD to record in my SEF. I am looking forward to attending my training later this year and I feel that my knowledge has been refreshed :D

MAWI
02-03-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm about to start that tomorrow Sarah, needing a refresher as mine us due in June.

Thanks for the info.

Rick
02-03-2014, 08:51 PM
I have done it too and it is a helpful reminder.

Additionally (after Sarah's recommendation) I also downloaded the St Johns Ambulance free app for my phone. Lots of information which you can access quickly if in an emergency situation :thumbsup: