PDA

View Full Version : Help with characteristics of effective learning.

Lex_CM
28-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Hi,

I have been given a new template for Individual Learning Plans but I am having trouble knowing what to put in one of the boxes. It says 'How the plan effectively supports the childs characteristics of effective learning?' I have read through the COEL but im still unsure of what I am expected to write in here? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Lex

Simona
28-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Hi,

I have been given a new template for Individual Learning Plans but I am having trouble knowing what to put in one of the boxes. It says 'How the plan effectively supports the childs characteristics of effective learning?' I have read through the COEL but im still unsure of what I am expected to write in here? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Lex

Not sure who gave the plan to you...your EY team? or another provider?

Planning for a child means you follow their interests which you will have observed as their 'starting points'
Once you know what the child likes to do and how he/she learns plan activities or let them lead in play to support his/her progress and you can observe his CoEL...does she concentrate? does he persevere?
does he explore and finds ways of sorting little problems? which ways does he choose to do things? does he line up toys?

Page 5 of the Development Matters is a good way to link CoEL to the 7 areas....then look at EYO to see if the child is reaching the steps

hectors house
28-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Look back through yesterday's threads and find a post by Sarah707 where she has posted a link to her blog that explains the Characteristics and if a child was doing something which one you would put it under.

sarah707
01-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Here you go :D

Observing the Learning Characteristics - (http://independentchildminders.weebly.com/1/post/2014/02/observing-the-learning-characteristics.html)