PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Contact Details

CarolineRussen
25-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Hi ya

Im wondering how to keep emergency contact details in a secure place whilst still having them accessible in an Emergency e.g evacuation? ?

Im new at this is you hadnt noticed xx

bunyip
25-02-2014, 06:32 PM
You could store them on your person: pocket book or mobile phone. You could keep an emergency bag by the door (although you might have use an alternative exit in an emergency.) You could get parents' consent to store them at a trusted family member's house nearby and evacuate to there in emergency.

There will always be a pay-off between data security and what works in an emergency. If there is an emergency, then getting out will take priority over contact info. So, to state the obvious, you can't start unlocking safes when the house is ablaze. :p

Dragonfly
25-02-2014, 07:14 PM
This is an interesting one, I keep parents numbers on my mobile but not each childs emergency details. Have them in my baby bag for when out and about, but yes in an emergency you get out you don't think about bags and phones. So will be interested in other peoples comments.

gef918
26-02-2014, 08:13 AM
I have emergency contact details on my phone and their emergency cards in a bag in the hallway. However, in an emergency I may not be able to get it.

I think I will give my husband a sealed envelope with the details in (with parents permission), so in an emergency I could call him for the information.

hectors house
26-02-2014, 09:43 AM
I have all emergency contact details on slips of paper in a credit card wallet and have a sign on my car saying I am a childminder and if involved in an accident to phone my husband and he will have emergency contact details (he keeps it in a locked briefcase but if serious accident where he has to get to my bedside as I take my dying breathe he is allowed to give contact details to the personnel officer to ring parents).

Look at the photo that was on here a few weeks ago where the tree fell on the childminders car - luckily she could get out but what if she had been killed!

CarolineRussen
26-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Brilliant xx ive put emergency numbers in my phone xx have emergency card to say I am a childminder and these may not be my children and I like the idea on sign in the car x may ask parents if I can store a copy of emergency contacts with my neighbour (in a locked box) who is listed on my emergency plan.