PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork question

alex__17
24-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Probably stupid question, I think I read somewhere each child needs a seperate file for contracts etc, and as I'm getting new children on my books I'm amassing what feels like hundreds if files each with a few sheets in them...
Is there a reason or have I dreamt it up? I have a seperate file for each child's learning journey, which has their obs, planning, attendance register, all about me, progress trackers etc in it, but could I have my own file for all contracts, invoices, emergency contact forms etc for all the children in, and just keep them seperate with dividers to maintain confidentiality should I need to show any of it to anyone.

blue bear
24-02-2014, 08:55 PM
I have one file for contracts, each child has own plastic wallet, if I need to discuss with a parent I just lift out the relevant plastic wallet.

sarah707
25-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Each child has their own file here - for confidentiality - it's the way I have always worked.

They sit in the cupboard locked away :D

Chatterbox Childcare
25-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I have one lever arch folder which contains the Record Information Sheet, Contract, Parental Responsibility, Safeguarding Statement and Consent Form plus any current permission forms.

At renewal I take all renewed forms and file them in a childs own file and put the current one in my lever arch file.

I do it this way because I can then pick up everything in one go should I need it.

hectors house
25-02-2014, 06:36 PM
I have a contracts ring binder and everyone's contracts, permission forms with the child record form on the top is in a clear poly pocket, one for each current child. When a child leaves I then transfer the poly pocket to another ring binder for ex mindees - just in case I ever get an insurance claim in the future, I want to be able to remember that I minded the child in 21 years time!

gef918
26-02-2014, 08:20 AM
I've always kept them separate, however, I think it would make sense to put them in a folder (one for current mindees and one for past).