PDA

View Full Version : Eek!!! 2nd Ofsted Inspection and I am terrified.

Rashi
23-02-2014, 09:55 PM
I am due to have my 2nd Ofsted Inspection this week and I am scared and nervous.

My first one went badly because my observations were not up to scratch and because I went over my numbers for mindees by 1. This resulted in an inadequate result.

I have worked tirelessly and effortlessly to bring my paperwork up to scratch and reducing the number of mindees and registering my husband as my assistant.

Does anyone have any tips they can give me to get through this visit and aim for a "good" result?????

Thanks in advance
Xxx

Kaybeaa
23-02-2014, 10:21 PM
I've only had one inspection so far and obtained a good. The inspector wanted to see specifically how I'd done starting points for each child and observations and next steps. The emphasis was definitely on the eyfs and how we are using it. Brush up on your safeguarding too. I'm sure if you've improved since your last result you'll do well. Just be yourself. Good luck x

gef918
24-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Make sure that you know the children well - their stages of development, next steps, etc. Show that you have been communicating with parents, e.g. when my inspector was here I said to one child "Oh you've chosen to play with the bricks. Mummy says you enjoy playing with those at home too". I also explained to the inspector why I was talking to/playing with a child in a certain way, because of their next steps.

Have a SEF. It doesn't need to be the Ofsted one. Just write down any changes you make and why and also, most importantly, how those changes have benefited the children! I only had a few of these written down before my inspection, but I explained that it was something that I was now doing regularly and intended to keep doing.

Try to relax and be yourself. I'm quite proud that I didn't do anything different when the inspector was here (apart from stay in all day). Although, I was so stressed that I forgot to 'do an activity' with them - we just played (I think that was the main reason I got good rather than outstanding).

Be honest about the things that you don't think that you are doing well and have ideas about how you can improve, e.g. booking on a training course. My inspector was impressed that I was planning to book onto a training course about helping develop communication, because my 2 yr old had speech delay. She said it was rare to meet a minder that booked on a course because it would be helpful (she said a lot do it because it's in a convenient location/time).:huh:

Good luck and try not to worry too much.

Rashi
25-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Hi

Thank you for all your help and advice.

I had my inspection yesterday and it went really well.

I have to wait till I get the report before I can tell anyone about the result but lets put it this way I wasnt quite outstanding but can still apply to offer the 2/3yr funding.

gef918
26-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Congratulations! Hopefully it will be a while before you have to face another inspection!

Rashi
26-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Thank you. I hope I dont have to go through that again anytime soon. The stress and worry from it has gone which is great