PDA

View Full Version : When can I register with Ofsted??

NinkyNonk
22-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Hi, I hope you can help me....at present I have completed:
12 hour aid course
Pathways session
Healthcare declaration booklet
DBS
and I am in the process of my LA training - this has started and my last day is 11th March.

I spoke to Ofsted a few weeks ago and was told to get my DBS and Healthcare booklet done and once they come back I could register as I would have 6 weeks from that point to get everything done. Since then someone mentioned to only deal with Ofsted via email so that I have everything in writing. So I emailed to ask when I can start the registration process and received an email saying I can't register until I have finished my course and received the certificate!

Very confusing - does any know which would be right?

leahsfx
22-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I have also had conflicting information from OFSTED. My course finishes in 2 weeks and I want to register ASAP. Everything else is in place and I'm ready but I've also been told to wait for cert. which my tutor said could take 4 weeks!! Good luck x

gef918
23-02-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure, because I think that Ofsted have tightened things up since I registered a few years ago. Get used to conflicting advice from Ofsted though - I think that they must all be working to a different rule book!

What have you been told on your course? They should be able to help you.

FloraDora
23-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi, I hope you can help me....at present I have completed:
12 hour aid course
Pathways session
Healthcare declaration booklet
DBS
and I am in the process of my LA training - this has started and my last day is 11th March.

I spoke to Ofsted a few weeks ago and was told to get my DBS and Healthcare booklet done and once they come back I could register as I would have 6 weeks from that point to get everything done. Since then someone mentioned to only deal with Ofsted via email so that I have everything in writing. So I emailed to ask when I can start the registration process and received an email saying I can't register until I have finished my course and received the certificate!

Very confusing - does any know which would be right?

These points are taken from the guide to registering as a childminder booklet:

 you have completed a first aid course and a local authority approved training course designed to help you understand and implement the Early Years Foundation Stage
 you meet, or will meet, all the safeguarding and welfare and learning and development requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage, all regulations and any conditions of registration imposed by us.

So it looks like you have to complete the LA approved training before registering.

NinkyNonk
23-02-2014, 02:44 PM
These points are taken from the guide to registering as a childminder booklet:

 you have completed a first aid course and a local authority approved training course designed to help you understand and implement the Early Years Foundation Stage
 you meet, or will meet, all the safeguarding and welfare and learning and development requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage, all regulations and any conditions of registration imposed by us.

So it looks like you have to complete the LA approved training before registering.

Ah thanks for that - what a shame...was hoping the registration process could go along side the training.

At my pathways session they were unsure as Ofsted had given them conflicting advise. I have another training day next week so I'll ask the question again.

benandjerrys
23-02-2014, 03:16 PM
My local college gave me confirmation of cypop completion. Good job they did coz at prereg I still did not have certificate. I applied to ofsted half way though my cypop