PDA

View Full Version : nov 2013 statutory framework

judipoo
21-02-2014, 05:05 PM
my inspector told me the new updated framework in Nov 13 has changed wording for 4 year old in full time school making me unable to look after them after school and in holidays on top of the 6 under school age I have with my assistant. I have the sept 12 copy but cant find an updated framework on ofsted or dfe websites. can anyone point me in the right direction ???

Rick
21-02-2014, 05:26 PM
It's a new one on me and I'd like to think I keep abreast of everything new :confused:

FussyElmo
21-02-2014, 05:50 PM
3.40 If a childminder can demonstrate to parents and/or carers and inspectors, that the individual needs of all the children are being met, then exceptions to the usual ratios can be made when childminders are caring for sibling babies, or when caring for their own baby. If children aged four and five only attend the childminding setting before and/or after a normal school day, and/or during school holidays, they may be cared for at the same time as three other young children. But in all circumstances, the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for must not exceed six.

Its still the same

judipoo
21-02-2014, 05:59 PM
3.40 If a childminder can demonstrate to parents and/or carers and inspectors, that the individual needs of all the children are being met, then exceptions to the usual ratios can be made when childminders are caring for sibling babies, or when caring for their own baby. If children aged four and five only attend the childminding setting before and/or after a normal school day, and/or during school holidays, they may be cared for at the same time as three other young children. But in all circumstances, the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for must not exceed six.

Its still the same

she quoted that no more than 6 must be in the early years group with an assistant and that up until reception age they are classed as being early years

Daftbat
21-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Its always been the case that up until reception age they are classed as early years...... when children are at school then they come in the category of 6 children under the age of 8 years rather than under 5 yrs.

FussyElmo
21-02-2014, 06:33 PM
she quoted that no more than 6 must be in the early years group with an assistant and that up until reception age they are classed as being early years

Its always been the case that 4 year old in full time education is classed as a rising 5.

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - The numbers and ages of children that providers on the Early Years and Childcare Registers may care for (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-numbers-and-ages-of-children-providers-early-years-and-childcare-registers-may-c)

This factsheet confirms it :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
21-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Can I ask what grade you were given because if this inspector truly believed that you were over minding and going over the 6under 8s she would have given you inadequate.

judipoo
21-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Can I ask what grade you were given because if this inspector truly believed that you were over minding and going over the 6under 8s she would have given you inadequate.

she came back after a phone call and said in this instance i was ok as the schoolie was an existing child i had had from 5 months old and out of my 6 under 4s i had two siblings. However, i need this clarified because i took on a reception age 4 yr old last sept after school and occ holidays and under what she is saying i shouldnt have her as she is a new child

FussyElmo
21-02-2014, 06:56 PM
she came back after a phone call and said in this instance i was ok as the schoolie was an existing child i had had from 5 months old and out of my 6 under 4s i had two siblings. However, i need this clarified because i took on a reception age 4 yr old last sept after school and occ holidays and under what she is saying i shouldnt have her as she is a new child

Ok all the ofsted factsheets say that its ok.

I think she was told she was wrong but is now trying to save face in front of you :thumbsup:

Simona
21-02-2014, 10:08 PM
my inspector told me the new updated framework in Nov 13 has changed wording for 4 year old in full time school making me unable to look after them after school and in holidays on top of the 6 under school age I have with my assistant. I have the sept 12 copy but cant find an updated framework on ofsted or dfe websites. can anyone point me in the right direction ???

judipoo...there is only one EYFS and that is the 2012 revised version...until it is revised that is what we follow

The inspector was probably referring to 'Conducting EY inspections' which was published in Now 2013
That is the new framework for inspections...take a look but I cannot find anything new on 4 year olds in full time care...as said below they are within your 6 under 8 in the 5-8 age bracket

Ofsted | Conducting early years inspections (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/conducting-early-years-inspections)

Hope this helps

blue bear
22-02-2014, 10:44 AM
This is the latest amendment I can see to go through parliament,

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/2013-2014/0005/amend/pbc0053005a.pdf

Rising five clause still stands as of may 2013.