PDA

View Full Version : Activities - should they cover ALL areas of learning

misswala
18-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Hi when planning an activity should they cover all areas of learning and should I note that down or can they just cover a few. Say one prime and one specific area? I'm struggling to find activities that cover ALL areas.....

Tealady
19-02-2014, 08:23 AM
It is hard to cover all areas in an activity so covering one or a few is fine. As long as you are covering all areas in a series of activities that fine.

kellyskidz!
19-02-2014, 10:53 AM
I agree, most activities do cover a few areas but not all, I'd say aim to cover each area at least once or twice a week if possible but through a number of activities x

JCrakers
19-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Some activities can cover all areas where as others just cover 1.

Also activities don't always have to be planned as a spontaneous walk to the park can cover all areas, walking, running and climbing, chatting with friends, confidence in climbing, counting the steps on the slide, spotting a worm on the grass, noticing a letter H on a road sign :D

Simona
26-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Hi when planning an activity should they cover all areas of learning and should I note that down or can they just cover a few. Say one prime and one specific area? I'm struggling to find activities that cover ALL areas.....

All areas of learning are interlinked in the EYFS therefore when you set up an activity to observe something 'specific' you will also be able to observe all the other areas of learning too.
Activities that show all areas can be: water, sand, role play, playdough, glueing, outdoor learning, a walk in the park and many more.