PDA

View Full Version : Changes to how Ofsted deal with complaint driven inspections

sarah707
17-02-2014, 07:00 PM
This is a huge victory for the Ofsted Big Conversation delegates who have campaigned tirelessly to get Ofsted to change their policy about making providers go through full inspections when complaints are made.

Apart from the cost - and 700 complaint driven inspections a month - Ofsted must realise that it's not sustainable or fair for providers to have to go through a full inspection, especially after a malicious complaint.

Congratulations to everyone that was involved in the Ofsted Big Conversation. I am sure our input has helped Ofsted to change their policy :clapping:

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/sectornews/156/ofsted-backtracks-on-complaint-driven-inspection-rules

Tulip
17-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Wow thats fantastic :clapping:

Mouse
17-02-2014, 07:15 PM
That's great news.

Maybe there is someone at Ofsted with a bit of common sense :)

MessybutHappy
17-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Congrats to you all, and a heartfelt thank you!

loocyloo
17-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Brilliant news. X

hectors house
17-02-2014, 10:32 PM
That's really great news in one way (in case I was unlucky enough to have a malicious complaint made against me) but bad in another as it means Ofsted may not waste so much time on complaint inspections and may catch up enough to come and do my inspection (nearly 5 years and counting)!

rickysmiths
17-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Or the time spent and the cost of doing 700 inspections a month instead of 100 :rolleyes:

sing-low
17-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Excellent result!:clapping:

Simona
18-02-2014, 07:09 AM
Or the time spent and the cost of doing 700 inspections a month instead of 100 :rolleyes:

Exactly.... and inspecting those who need to be not waste time on malicious complaints....whose money are they wasting anyway?

We are all happy at this news which we were aware of at least a week ago...however...a word of caution.....put the champagne in the fridge but do not pop the cork until Ofsted has put this in writing and issued another factsheet.
As Jennie Johnson of OBC said a while back...the devil is in the detail and the NWorld article needs clarification.

All in all though...a good exercise in engagement and listening....something Truss should note!!!