PDA

View Full Version : Every child matters

jaz
21-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Do you think it is advisable to change my policies into headings which would reflect these principles and therefore be easier to look at when it comes to inspection time. Also it would also include EYFS standards as well.

I do have most of the ones listed, but cant decide whether or not to go the whole way with them

What do you all think? Is it a good idea or am I just making work for myself?

J
x

miffy
21-07-2008, 04:57 PM
I've got my Ofsted file arranged under the five outcomes - it has details of the relevant policies in each section (some are relevant to more than one so it is x-ref'd) and how the present standards fit into each outcome together with how I meet them and any other info I think relevant

The new inspections I think will still be judged on the ECM outcomes so for the time being I'm leaving mine as it is and will re-jig it to suit EYFS

HTH (or at least made sense)

Miffy xx

angeldelight
21-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Yes mine are set out like Miffys

I do not intend to make any more work for myself than I need

Angel xx

sarah707
21-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Mine are in every child matters at the moment... I am leaving them until I see the new style reports.

If it will make it easier at inspection to use a different format, I will change them then :D

childminder54
21-07-2008, 06:52 PM
i think i will wait to see what sarah will do she always gets it right..

veronicaxx

jaz
22-07-2008, 03:31 PM
OK , I have just started to rejig my policies into ECM headings, with the help of Bromley and my old policies.

i am just a little concerned that Ofsted could come knocking on my door really soon, and would love to get an outstanding this time, especially after completeing my NVQ

J
x

ChocolateChip
23-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Jaz, there is already a list of policies in these headings on here somewhere, I think Angel may have posted it? Will try to find it for you.

jaz
24-07-2008, 11:26 AM
OK this is what I think I have decided to do:
I will use the Bromley policies as a guideline, but go through EYFS and add any details I feel are relevant to those policies.

Do you think this is the way to go?

J
x

miffy
24-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Sounds fine to me - your policies are supposed to reflect your setting/practice.

I don't have ALL the policies on the Bromley site only those I think are necessary

Miffy xx

jaz
24-07-2008, 12:21 PM
OK thanks for that Miffy, I will try to have a go at sorting them out later if i get chance. I was supposed to be working this afternoon after school but not now, so maybe I should spend an hour doing policies instead- since I am still being paid :)

J
x

Tatia
28-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Just wanted to add that the new self eval form from OFSTED is laid out in ECM format so it's a good bet that's what the new inspections will be modelled after. It is THE driving piece of legislation at the moment and informs everything else.

jaz
30-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Just wanted to add that the new self eval form from OFSTED is laid out in ECM format so it's a good bet that's what the new inspections will be modelled after. It is THE driving piece of legislation at the moment and informs everything else.

Thats a really good point Tatia!!

I have just about finished writing all the policies and putting them into sections, got 26 pages of the d..m things! (still need to add pages for permission forms etc)

Do you think the parents will actually read all of them, or shall I issue a quiiiz after a week of revising so they can prove that they have read them?:laughing:

J
x

jaz
30-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Just taken this from the form itself

The main aim of the Early Years Foundation Stage is to help young children achieve the five Every Child Matters (ECM) outcomes which are embedded within the themes of the Early Years Foundation Stage. These are to:
§ Be healthy
§ Stay safe
§ Enjoy and achieve
§ Make a positive contribution
§ Develop skills for the future.

So I think having the headings in my policies and portfolio will be absolutely fine.

J
x

sarah707
30-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I want to know when the ECM outcome formerly known as 'Help children achieve economic well being' loosely translated by Childminders as 'organisation' suddenly changed to 'Develop skills for the future'..

Hmmm :rolleyes:

miffy
30-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I want to know when the ECM outcome formerly known as 'Help children achieve economic well being' loosely translated by Childminders as 'organisation' suddenly changed to 'Develop skills for the future'..

No idea Sarah but it makes much more sense than "help children achieve economic well being" even if it supposedly amounts to the same thing :)

Miffy xx

Tatia
31-07-2008, 11:26 AM
AHHH! That's what it was changed to! I knew it had changed, at least for SEF. I saw it at the training I went to a few weeks ago.

miffy
31-07-2008, 11:30 AM
AHHH! That's what it was changed to! I knew it had changed, at least for SEF. I saw it at the training I went to a few weeks ago.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I read your other post this morning and I couldn't remember what it had changed to...............and that was only from last night!! :blush:

Miffy xx

ChocolateChip
31-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, that makes much more sense, but I wish someone had told me it would change again BEFORE I revamped all my policies ( is there a smiley for stamping your foot and going 'humph!'?).
Such is life..........:rolleyes:

jaz
02-08-2008, 06:10 PM

So do I need to change that bit in my policies then with skills for future in the heading instead?

Any advice gratefully received before i start printing them out

J
x

sarah707
02-08-2008, 06:43 PM
So do I need to change that bit in my policies then with skills for future in the heading instead?

Any advice gratefully received before i start printing them out

J
x

Not a clue!

I'm waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting...

Until September and the first Ofsted reports coming out... :cool:

miffy
02-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Not a clue!

I'm waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting...

Until September and the first Ofsted reports coming out... :cool:

Hmmm - they do say "everything comes to (s)he who waits" Sarah ;)

Miffy xx

sarah707
02-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Hmmm - they do say "everything comes to (s)he who waits" Sarah ;)

Miffy xx

Oh I do hope so! :D

miffy
02-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh I do hope so! :D
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xx