PDA

View Full Version : Sochi Olympics - planning ideas

sarah707
14-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Are your childminded children watching the Olympics at home? Are they showing an interest in sports as a result? Do you want to extend their play experiences and learning?

I have written a few planning notes for some Sochi Olympics activities. I won't use them all - just dip in and out through the week with different children while following their interests and learning styles.

I hope you find them useful :D

cathtee
14-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Thank you Sarah very useful :)

Shamai
14-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Brilliant - many thanks x

FloraDora
14-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Many thanks.

We created a ski slope at the beginning of the week and the playmobil ski and snow board figures have been competing!
See through Plastic padding material for parcels have been an ice rink and we have been playing classical music and dancing on it ( difficult to spin though) medals awarded ( party bag finds) and a huge amazon box became a toboggan, cycle helmets on...the hall being the run! If only it had snowed! So we compromised and had hot chocolate at the snowdome after snow play. ( great facility in the middle of the country, my sons learn't to snowboard in 6th form PE lessons) Perhaps a trip out to this might cheer you up Fussy Elmo !

Good diversity work when I played the LO's my son reading frog and toad in the snow in Russian ( he can speak it ..almost fluently and recorded it for me) they laughed... So lots of good positive discussions took place and then we listened to other languages every day( luckily my linguistic son had left his tapes here, Japanese, latin, french,german,spanish, Urdu...they understood in the end I think.

Happy watching next week.