PDA

View Full Version : Childcare level 3

Hello you
13-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Hello,

Please, there is anyone in here who can explain what we learn doing Childcare Level 3, PLEASE?
I need to do it online but I don't have any idea about what I am going to learn...

Many thanks everyone!!!

Rick
13-02-2014, 09:47 PM
You learn about child development, theorists, child protection etc etc? More indepth than the introduction course. I did the level 3 through The Childcare Company via distance learning and have found it really good. For me I had tutorials to watch online then answered the questions in the work plan. A lot of what you have to do is evidence what you do in your setting. You will probably also have an observer come in to your setting who can sign lots of criteria off

Shamai
13-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Maybe do a Google search if this isn't enough information?

What does the qualification cover?
This qualification is designed to build the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas and is split into three pathways:
Early Learning and Childcare
Social Care
Learning and Development Support Services
It is also a must-have for all practitioners delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage, and those undertaking the Level 3 Children and Young People’s Apprenticeship.
In addition it contains an optional unit ‘Understand how to set up a home based child care service’ which can be taken as a stand- alone unit for those who wish to become registered childminders.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who works or wants to work at a supervisory level in the children and young people’s workforce.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Hello you
13-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Thanks for your time, everyone!

Maybe do a Google search if this isn't enough information?

What does the qualification cover?
This qualification is designed to build the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas and is split into three pathways:
Early Learning and Childcare
Social Care
Learning and Development Support Services
It is also a must-have for all practitioners delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage, and those undertaking the Level 3 Children and Young People’s Apprenticeship.
In addition it contains an optional unit ‘Understand how to set up a home based child care service’ which can be taken as a stand- alone unit for those who wish to become registered childminders.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who works or wants to work at a supervisory level in the children and young people’s workforce.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

bunyip
14-02-2014, 09:16 AM
As you've been minding for 8 years, I doubt you'll learn very much.

You will, however, be told what the DofE wants you to think. :p

Hello you
14-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Thanks to letting me know, anyway!

Simona
10-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Hello,

Please, there is anyone in here who can explain what we learn doing Childcare Level 3, PLEASE?
I need to do it online but I don't have any idea about what I am going to learn...

Many thanks everyone!!!

Not sure if you are referring to the current NVQ Level 3 or the new EYE which comes in Sept 2014?
This is causing confusion as it requires entrants to have GCSE in maths and English

You may want to check with your LA or any of the organizations who will provide the new qualifications...let us know what you decide