PDA

View Full Version : Little one starting

Kerry84
13-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Got a 2 n half year old starting after half term 9-12 for 14 weeks just on a Wednesday term time only! what would I need to do with regards to paper work with him? Learning journey, 2 year check will be difficult!? Xx

kellyskidz!
13-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Not sure if you have to do a 2 year check tbh since he's 2.5 before he's even started with you. Don't quote me on it though.
OFSTED say you have to plan for eyfs age children but they will accept that you don't spend too much time with him so just do what you can, make sure you have some obs and next steps in place so they can see you are encouraging development and learning even though he's not with you often xx

samb
13-02-2014, 04:07 PM
You can do the 2 year check at any point during the age they are 2. I'd wait til you've had him about 4 months and then do it. :-)

kellyskidz!
13-02-2014, 04:47 PM
You can do the 2 year check at any point during the age they are 2. I'd wait til you've had him about 4 months and then do it. :-)

Does she have to do one though? Plus he's only with her for 14 weeks?

line6
13-02-2014, 04:59 PM

My mindee was 2 1/2 when he started with me and had already had his 2 year check with the hv. I told the inspector that I hadn't done one for this reason and that was fine. So it's worth checking if it's already been done.

samb
13-02-2014, 06:05 PM
I suppose it depends on how you work? I do summaries every term so if a child was with me for 14 weeks I would do one in that time- in this case I would do it as a 2 year check.

Kerry84
14-02-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm new to childminding so I'm just trying to work out the right system for me, I will just do obs etc as I normally do, he starts nursery September so it can go with him to there! I will ask if 2 year check has need done! Thank you for your reply's xx

moggy
14-02-2014, 12:13 PM

TBH the 2yr check is so simple and can be so basic you might as well do it, it really is no more than any summary on progress in the 3 Prime Areas that you'd do each term or so anyway. You'd sit with parents to discuss progress anyway, so no more work than that. It is good to do one and is good evidence if Ofsted come (you say you are a new CM).

But if child has had one already then don't do another one.