PDA

View Full Version : Red weather warning!

Glitter
12-02-2014, 08:21 PM
I am sat at home listening to the gale force winds outside. We live right on the edge of the red weather warning area so I know that for lots of people the winds must be much worse. :(

Just wanted to say I hope everyone stays safe tonight.

sarah707
12-02-2014, 08:28 PM
It is very scary for a lot of people tonight. Stay warm, dry and safe xxx

*daisychain*
12-02-2014, 08:36 PM
It's all very scary , my lil boy has woke up petrified because of the noise of the wind. Hope everyone stays safe, candles at the ready and phone on charge just in case x

silvermist
12-02-2014, 08:55 PM
We live in a corner house on a hill and the wind is howling round our house! Its so loud and you can hear stuff blowing around outside. Scary stuff! Keep safe everyone xx

Maza
12-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Stay safe everyone. x

Mouse
12-02-2014, 09:15 PM
We're in an area where it's not supposed to be too bad - well, it's bad enough for me!

I dread to think what it must be like for those people in the worst areas :panic:

I shut the curtains early tonight and I'm not looking outside until morning. I'll see what's happened then.

cathtee
12-02-2014, 09:31 PM
we are not too bad here, it's very windy outside but no rain, hope it dies down for the morning school run this afternoons was really bad 2 steps forward 3 back.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

FloraDora
12-02-2014, 09:33 PM
I was watching the news earlier and felt thankful that a greenhouse window was our biggest problem.
One son already checked in from the south coast- where I had thought there may be problems, then youngest rings me from a shop doorway, trying to keep out of a wind that is stopping him walking!! He is in the North west, it took him an hour to walk to the tram stop which is a 15 minute walk! Then another 40 minutes the other side. ( normally 10 mins).
Still not big issue compared to others, but I was glad when he told me he was home.

Tulip
12-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Hope everyone is ok, a lot of people without power out there, keep safe x

Jenna
13-02-2014, 04:20 AM
It's been dreadful here were in mid Wales trees down all over the place and we had no electric for most of the day. Luckily wed is my day off apart from one after school child who's dad was sat outside waiting for us when we got back from school run as no electric in his office so I only worked 15 mins today. Oh usually has a 45 min journey home from work which tonight due to flooding and the wind took best part of 2 hours. I'll be glad when this weather is over.

Tulip
13-02-2014, 10:54 AM
It's been dreadful here were in mid Wales trees down all over the place and we had no electric for most of the day. Luckily wed is my day off apart from one after school child who's dad was sat outside waiting for us when we got back from school run as no electric in his office so I only worked 15 mins today. Oh usually has a 45 min journey home from work which tonight due to flooding and the wind took best part of 2 hours. I'll be glad when this weather is over.

Glad you got through it ok Jenna x

maisiemog
14-02-2014, 12:39 PM
It's bad isn't it! I can see the canal going over the edge and I'm getting a bit worried now! We live pretty near the river as well but thankfully even in the bad floods a few years ago our house has never flooded!

Tulip
14-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Fingers crossed for you maisiemog x

kellyskidz!
14-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Been quite lucky here in S Yorks lots of rain but no floods as yet. Stay safe everyone xx