PDA

View Full Version : what toys and things in need to buy ??

deactive
21-07-2008, 02:51 PM
hi everyone
i am doing my ICP in sept and need to get as much done as i can before then . I have booked my first aid course and am currently doin the online fod hygeine course .
i have a 7month old daughter and my house has been taken over with her toys but obviously they are only baby aged .
what toys would you advise i get ??
what have you had the most use of ?
im asking now as hoping to start picking things up at carboots but dont want to end up with tonnes of stuff aimed at one age range or sex , also should i be keeping track of what i spend on these ? if so how cause i cant prove it if second hand ?
also ive seem people mentioning polocies but wouldnt have a clue where to start ? and shoud i do them now or wait until ive done ICP ?
if anyone advise i would be gratefull as on maternity until sept so more time now than when im back to work and doin ICP so its a good time to do as much as i can
sorry this is so long :blush: and thanx for any adivise

deactive
21-07-2008, 02:54 PM
sorry dont know how i managed to post this thread twice :blush:

devoncm
21-07-2008, 03:05 PM
If you spend less then £10 you dont need a receipt.
When i brought my toys, i just put how much i spent and in details column put secong hand toys.
You dont want to buy too much for one age group as you dont know who you will minding for, ive got mostly toys for under 5s and then struggled when older children came round, id suggest buying one or two things that can cover a wide range of ages then when contractsare siged go out and but some more. you need to prove what you buy is for minding so i wouldnt splash out on loads. Train set is good for various ages and not just for boys, i brought the big bricks as this can show different development stages

for policies look on the bromley website, found under other links and websites-thats a great site to get policies and stuff from.

hth
good luck.

lavenderrose
21-07-2008, 03:28 PM
you could also become a member on your local Freecycle group, you can get some lovely toys, books, jigsaw's, baby equipment from there. Say you are childminding and people will be more than happy to pass their things on to a good cause. As it say's on the tin FREE. :clapping:

childminder54
21-07-2008, 03:47 PM
ive just got a lot of ebay and brought of someone living near and did not have to pay for postage.. little people village school airport train station for different ages and sex..

veronicaxx

deactive
21-07-2008, 04:23 PM
thanx for your replys , i tried to join freecycle a while ago but never had a reply even though i had loads to give away think i will try again cause thats a brill idea

deactive
21-07-2008, 04:24 PM
and thanx veronica i will search for things close to me on ebay too :)

miffy
21-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Charity shops are a good place to find toys, games and dressing up clothes at reasonable prices

Miffy xx