PDA

View Full Version : Article about cancelled meeting with ET

Smiley
12-02-2014, 02:34 PM
It appears many of us are leaving comments on her Facebook page

Truss pulls out of childminder agencies meeting | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1142143/truss-pulls-childminder-agencies-meeting)

Mouse
12-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Sounds like she's running scared :rolleyes:

That article does alarm me a bit though as it sounds as if the chidminder they have spoken to is in favour of agencies:

"This would have been an opportunity to discuss with the minister why childminder agencies are needed and how they will achieve the aims set out in More Great Childcare and More Affordable Childcare."

I'm not sure if it's how the cm has written it, or how it has been quoted, but I do think it should have said they wanted the opportunity to discuss why childminder agencies are NOT needed!

Kiddleywinks
12-02-2014, 04:40 PM
It's well known that the CM involved is definitely NOT in favour of agencies

desiderata
12-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Actually it is not wrong. It is Truss s meeting and that is what she is calling it. They are having a debate , she thinks they are needed and the Registered Childminders are going along to put our side as to why they ARE NOT x

Emra81
12-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I think this could be a classic case of the written word being interpreted differently....I took it to mean WHY are agencies needed, as a question (as in she doesn't think they are needed) and how EXACTLY will they achieve the aims set out in More Great Childcare and More Affordable Childcare (as in she doesn't see how they will). I thought it was kind of implied when she said she was extremely angry about the meeting being re-arranged then canceled but that's just how I took it on first read so I may be wrong....

Mouse
12-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Actually it is not wrong. It is Truss s meeting and that is what she is calling it. They are having a debate , she thinks they are needed and the Registered Childminders are going along to put our side as to why they ARE NOT x

I understand what you're saying and know the person quoted is passionately against agencies, but when I first read it (admittedly in a hurry) I had to re-read it as my first thought was she was saying they were due to discuss why agencies were needed.
I found it rather ambiguous and can't believe I would be the only person who reads it the same way.

Simona
13-02-2014, 10:20 AM
How interesting that Truss is today speaking at the Resolution Foundation meeting at 9am...her speech has just ended.....wonder why that meeting was not cancelled?

rickysmiths
13-02-2014, 01:14 PM
The article has now been re worded slightly so it is clear that cm are against agencies.

Truss pulls out of childminder agencies meeting | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1142143/truss-pulls-childminder-agencies-meeting?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Mouse
13-02-2014, 02:18 PM
The article has now been re worded slightly so it is clear that cm are against agencies.

Truss pulls out of childminder agencies meeting | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1142143/truss-pulls-childminder-agencies-meeting?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

That reads much better :thumbsup:

emma04
13-02-2014, 02:42 PM
It is clear to me that Ms Truss does not have the foggiest idea of what a child minder does or how they run their childminding businesses BECAUSE......if she did, she would realise what an inconvenience cancelling her meeting would be to childminders and how costly it could be to them!!

The woman is government all over! No real interest in anything apart from her mighty salary!

rickysmiths
13-02-2014, 08:46 PM
That's right Emma and the cost to the childminder in income lost because she had closed for the day and the cost of printing out well over 100 letters from childminders to take with her plus the cost to the parents who kindly rearranged their days twice and will now do a third time as they support the cm in what she is doing for all of us.

Simona
13-02-2014, 10:15 PM
The meeting was scheduled to have a delegation of cms as well as the 4 associations there

We have spoken a thousand words...sent hundreds of letters, we need to think of an alternative and be together in this.