PDA

View Full Version : Learning journals/daily dairies

AdeleMarie88
10-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Hey all, I often see a thread about this and I just wanted to recommend a dairy I use, there is 10% off at the moment, and I think they are fab!

Vikki5531
10-02-2014, 09:42 AM
I've nearly finished my pre-reg course and I've been looking for daily diaries, these are really nice, thanks for sharing :)

AdeleMarie88
10-02-2014, 09:53 AM
They are great, and last for around 3mnths, space for parents to write in too! :) x

JCrakers
10-02-2014, 10:01 AM
I like these...when you say they last about 3mnths would that be for a fulltime 5 day a week mindee?

AdeleMarie88
10-02-2014, 11:03 AM
I like these...when you say they last about 3mnths would that be for a fulltime 5 day a week mindee?

If you write in them everyday maybe just 8weeks, but my four day mindee had one last for 12weeks, and mom and I wrote in it nearly every day :)

Taz74
12-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Nursery resources do really great diaries and other childminder paper work. It lasts about 3 months for a full timer. Not as detailed as the one mentioned from butterfly print, but worth looking at if you have lots of children.

https://www.nurseryresources.org/products/communication/communication-diary

Kerry84
12-02-2014, 09:48 AM
I just have a little note book with a hippo on the front from Tescos £1, and I hand write what we got up to in the day, things they have said and done, food they had and when they slept etc and I stick my favourite tiny little picture in of the day and leave a page for parent comments. They will last for ages as they have 100's of pages and parents love them! One text I got the other day from a parent said "Omg i love the daily diary :D :D you're awesome xxx"

You don't need to purchase all these fancy books to make a good impression :-) but it's what ever works for you :-) xxx

loocyloo
12-02-2014, 10:01 AM
I use an A5 folder with a sheet I put in each day that says what meals were had, sleeps, nappy changes and what we've done each day. Plus a space for messages home or to me.

I find these easier as then if folder is forgotten I can still do a sheet to send home and parents can add it to the folder.

AdeleMarie88
12-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Yes everyone is different, I agree you don't have to go to big expense, however when I brought dairies from pound shop,parents never wrote in them, and they often got lost or soaking wet in a bottom of a bag, where as these butterfly printed ones seem to last longer,the parents seem to be taking more care and effort into these, so far! :)

rickysmiths
12-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Hey all, I often see a thread about this and I just wanted to recommend a dairy I use, there is 10% off at the moment, and I think they are fab!

I use these as well!

rickysmiths
12-02-2014, 02:02 PM

I use these as well!

I also use these for full time children:

Early Years Daily Diary: Amazon.co.uk: Kay Fisher E.Y.P.: Books (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Early-Years-Daily-Fisher-E-Y-P/dp/1438941609)

*daisychain*
12-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Humm, pondering now, have always used an a5 book but there is only one parent who writes in it. May give this a try, I would be rather annoyed if they got lost at home or they still don't write in them :/