PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh, So nervous!

EmmaReed84
10-02-2014, 07:18 AM
So, a while back I posted about ideas for a fundraiser for the local playgroup. Well, we have planned what we are going to do... We are having a family disco next month, which will be a ticketed event. We have secured the hall for free, also got the local business community involved and they have donated a wide range of gifts for prizes.

There is also a local Children's entertainer who is in such demand, he now has a team of people working for him and you have to book him loads in advance... well he has offered a massive discount, and one of his team to come and do all the children's entertainment and the whole disco!

Also, I tried to get a celebrity, but the one I wanted, who is available on that date was £5k + VAT!!! As I was chatting to the entertainer, it turns out he knows quite a few celebs, also is very good friends with the Mum of the celeb we wanted... So fingers... and legs, arms, hands... everything crossed, we can actually get someone.

Today, we have the local paper coming to take photographs and they will be covering the event also... I have just quickly whipped up permission forms for the parents to sign today to give permission (or not) for their children to be in a photo in the paper!

We only sent the letters out for the party at the end of last week and so far we have sold... ONE family ticket lol... I am so nervous it is going to be a major flop and no one will turn up... We keep joking that it will just end up being the committee all sitting down, alone in a massive hall with no one there LOL!!!

Eek, I so hope it goes well, never organised anything like this before, but I am loving it!

sing-low
10-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Sounds amazing! I reckon you may need to ask people individually if they'll buy a ticket (more work for you, I know!). Harder to say no to someone direct than ignore a letter.

shortstuff
10-02-2014, 08:24 AM
Sounds brilliant well done. I'm sure it will be fine x although I fully understand your nerves x

EmmaReed84
10-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Sounds amazing! I reckon you may need to ask people individually if they'll buy a ticket (more work for you, I know!). Harder to say no to someone direct than ignore a letter.

I talk a lot to the parents, we recently had an adopt a bear week, where all the parents donated some teddies, then the children could come in a 'adopt' a new bear for £1, which came with its own adoption certifcate... every single parent got involved!

Plus there are 5 of us on the committee, with various friends at the playgroup... One of my 'freinds' (a parent of MIL minded child) said she absolutely ould not come, its not her thing, but she will buy the tickets to supprt the playgroup LOL!

caz3007
10-02-2014, 09:20 AM
A couple of years ago I helped organise a craft and psychic fair. We struggled to sell tables and nearly cancelled. At the past minute we were inundated and had to turn some away. It was reasonably attended but it was lots of work. Make a big thing at your playgroup about selling tickets and getting the families to support. Also ask all families you know with the right age range