PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

EmmaReed84
10-02-2014, 06:26 AM
At the moment I am doing an awful lot of work for a playgroup, I am currently the chair person on the committee, and getting everything back in order, however, the playgroup are transitioning from a charity run group to a limited company, so will no longer need a committee.

I joked a while back that they will have to give me a job, but thinking about it more, the work I currently do, is helping a lot, making sure Ofsted stuff is up to scratch (the welfare side) writing letters, updating parents, etc.

I had an idea of offering my time to do this work for them, say £10 - £15p/h purely on an ad-hoc basis, and then bill them for the hours required, so some weeks I may be needed for 6 hours, other weeks nothing, and leading up to visits, more hours etc. I would still obvioulsy be self-employed and can put it through my books as services.

shortstuff
10-02-2014, 06:31 AM
I think thats an amazing idea. It will possibly be down to good negotiating on your part over the hourly rate. But im sure they would be mad to say no.

Ripeberry
10-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Go for it! :thumbsup:

sing-low
10-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Sounds like a good idea! Fair enough to do all this work voluntarily for a charity but they can't expect the same when they change status.

EmmaReed84
10-02-2014, 08:22 AM
It has been an abolute nightmare, the current manager and the Hall chairperson have been worried sick, I have managed to liase with Ofsted and got all new committee members signed up, EY2 and DBS checks done, written parent letters, sorted put some forms and also given ideas on how to work the new playgroup.

As it was, children were not getting obs done, it was terrible. I told the manager she needs to start managing the team and doing reviews and given the keyworkers targets of obs to hit each week. A couple of weeks later, I was chatting to a keyworker who had a clipboard and she was saying, if they see a good ob, they write it down, there and then as they are now targetted! :thumbsup:

The manager has managed a bar, but nothing like managing people, whereas I have been a manager several times over for large companies, so have very good experience of dealing with teams and getting the most out of them.

I would love to offer this service, not quite sure what I would call it though... "Admin Services"?