PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Register

EmmaReed84
10-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Just wanted to ask if we have to print out all our attendance registers?

I have an 'attendance folder' on my computer, in my lock box file along with all my other CM paperwork.

Anyway, all my attendance records are complete, up to date, but I don't print them off as I don't see the point. It is such a waste of paper, after each year I file them away in a archive file, so I always have access to them. Plus all my work is backed up on an offsite server.

shortstuff
10-02-2014, 06:32 AM
I would have thought that would be fine. I use a software system for mine and dont print it off. I havent been asked to by ofsted or my level 3 assessor.

sarah707
10-02-2014, 08:48 PM
The requirement is to maintain an attendance register and have it available to ofsted and any other legislative body who wants to see it... no requirement to have it printed.

Just be aware that if your internet goes down during inspection or your computer is stolen you won't have any evidence so cover yourself in case something goes wrong x

Macca3437
14-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Hi there, just a quick question, to save me starting a new thread.
Does the attendance register have to be signed by the parents? Or can it be signed by grandparents etc?
What about if its not signed? (sometimes I have forgotten!)
Thanks

EmmaReed84
15-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Hi there, just a quick question, to save me starting a new thread.
Does the attendance register have to be signed by the parents? Or can it be signed by grandparents etc?
What about if its not signed? (sometimes I have forgotten!)
Thanks

I don't get mine signed at all. Just make sure they are all up to date.

Macca3437
15-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Thank you, I really do try, have the register at the front door to remind me. However, sometimes its feels like a mission getting the kids to leave. Yes all up to date, just missing some signatures. That's one thing ticked off the list.

Chatterbox Childcare
15-02-2014, 04:53 PM
How do you remember who arrived and left at what time to update your computer? I print off one sheet a week for all my mindees and then change the contracted times to actual times.

shortstuff
15-02-2014, 04:56 PM
How do you remember who arrived and left at what time to update your computer? I print off one sheet a week for all my mindees and then change the contracted times to actual times.

I have my laptop open to the register page. Even after I have uodated diaries I just always click back to the register. Makes it a prompt to fill in too x