PDA

View Full Version : changing shifts fees

gailee
21-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi all! question i've signed up a new parent and she works at a care home and she as changing shifts! Each week is different and i start at 6.45am in the mornings some times. The daughter is over 5 and i have her during school hols and in school term either mornings or afternoons.How would you charge her???? Today was the first day went well, got up at 6.20 they turned up 7am. I'm charging a bit more for the early mornings then should i charge for the days she don't come to keep the space open for next week?? She as sorted out her tax (childcredit) i think she's told them 6 hours a day and £4 a hour which i don't charge (i charge £3.25) any help[ would be great
thanks Gail

Pudding Girl
21-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I have a shift worker too - they work afternoons and evenings but it's not a set shift pattern - what I did was take a typical weeks shifts including evenings and afternoons and then just use that to base the fees on - some weeks the fees are less as mostly afternoons, some weeks might be more as more evening shifts so more enhanced rate hours, but it will all balance it out.

TBH it probably worked out more in my favour as the week we took had 3x evenings and 2x afternoons ;)

I wanted a set fee and so did Mum as she is claiming tax credits for childcare.

I'd recommend the same for you - take her first week or two's shift pattern and work out what it would be for that, and set it as your weekly fee.

gailee
23-07-2008, 09:41 PM
well the parent came this morning at 7am dropped LO and paid me I've charged her for 5 1/2 hrs x 5 days this includes the days she doesn't come and i've told her i want paying a set fee each week! She said ok ;) i'm happy