PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Booklet for parents

MAWI
06-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Hello everyone

I'm rethinking what I should use in my parent book. My old one was rather lengthy and bange don about how I work within the EYFS etc...., basic details about me and sample of routine of the day. Reflecting on it, I think it is just too lengthy (stuff about EYFs) and parents are not that interested. I want to do a more simple but personal booklet so looking for some ideas from all you lovely people. I want something that is reassuring for parents about leaving their children with me but snappy and to the point.
I would love to know what sorts of things you put in your parents pack/welcome booklet. Is there anything of here or does anyone have any advice as to what parents do like in their booklets? Any ideas welcomed.

The good thing about stopping and re starting childminding has meant I can look at everything again with fresh eyes and it's quite nice to be able to change everything!!!! ( although some what time consuming)

Thanks guys

sarah707
06-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Mine is quite long - I give parents a copy so they can read it at home in their own time.

There is a lot of information that we have to share I suppose... :D

Glitter
06-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Mine is very simple. Just information about my home and family, a section about the sort of activities I do, one about playing outside and visits, one about food and my contact details. It covers an piece of A4 paper

I also give out a sample contract so they know what they are signing up for, and an information sheet about my holidays etc.

Anything else they need to know is discussed during the first meeting. Or for things like policies I email copies to them so they can read them at home in peace. Several sets of parents have commented that they have become bored by the amount of information given by some child minders and stopped reading.

bunyip
06-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Mine all got stolen. :(

...by parents who'll "be in touch very soon." :mad:

EmmaReed84
07-02-2014, 06:56 AM
I don't have a booklet, I have my website which has a lot of information, in fact everyone who has been in touch via the site, has said how wonderful it is, and that is what made them contact me, over some other minders :thumbsup: (plus I am the only minder on my FIS page with my website on there :D)

Anyway, when a parent arrives, I have produced a PowerPoint presentation, with all information about me, the setting, food, activities, fees etc. It is not very long. I always get the parent a pen and paper, give them my laptop to look through and go to make them a drink. I then have my portfolio with other bits and bobs in, and a certificate folder for them to see.