PDA

View Full Version : Can I do this?

EmmaReed84
06-02-2014, 08:18 AM
I am trying to make my life a bit easier especially when it comes to paperwork...

When I do my obs, I write out my observation, then have a section titled 'development matters' where I link my observations, if I can, or I make up my won statements. Then I have a section for 'Next Steps/Ideas for future play'

Can I 'not link' my obsevations, in terms of finding statements in DM or EYO and just write what I observe as the development and what I can plan for the next steps?

(But I will obviously refer back to DM and EYO for guidance)

loocyloo
06-02-2014, 08:43 AM
sounds fine to me.

each time I do an observation I write next to it which areas/sections it covers, but not an exact statement from DM. I then write next steps next to that. every few months/once a term I go through DM highlighting areas now covered ( I use a different colour each time and date front for each colour! )

xx

sarah707
06-02-2014, 05:54 PM
The EYO is not a tick list and you don't have to find a statement for every observation.

I often refer to this for my linking hope it helps! :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/Resources/Observation%20prompts.pdf

JCrakers
06-02-2014, 06:19 PM
I've recently simplified my obs. I just couldn't keep up with everything and it was either simplify them or make myself ill by working too hard.

I do a short monthly observation with date and age in months, a link to what area it comes under and a next step. Then I have a little area for evidence of next steps or how I work towards it.
I do all 6 children on one page of an a4 book as I couldn't keep up with countless pieces of paper.
I still add post it notes to the LJ with any obs I see

I like it, it makes my life easier, I enjoy the extra time with the children and if Ofsted moan then they can 'do one' as I would probably give up rather than be stressed by paperwork :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
06-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Thank you everyone...

And Sarah, like I even need to say this... You are a DIAMOND! :thumbsup: