PDA

View Full Version : Obs on 20 month old

Kerry84
06-02-2014, 12:02 AM
Had my first mindee on Monday for his first day 20 months and he rode a scooter for the first time in a straight line perfectly confidently! as far as mum is aware he's never done it! I got a photo but not sure which area of development and the age range to link it to? There doesn't seem to be anything like it in the DM! Has anyone got any ideas? Thank you xx

Simona
06-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Had my first mindee on Monday for his first day 20 months and he rode a scooter for the first time in a straight line perfectly confidently! as far as mum is aware he's never done it! I got a photo but not sure which area of development and the age range to link it to? There doesn't seem to be anything like it in the DM! Has anyone got any ideas? Thank you xx

PSED...link to attachement...it could be his settling in was well done and he is confident because he has got to know you well?

sarah707
06-02-2014, 07:47 AM
As I said on a thread asking a similar question yesterday, it is important that you do not use Early Years Outcomes as a tick list - you don't need to link every obs to a statement that's not what it is about!

it is a guide to what children might be doing / saying at around each age range and our job is to think whether they are doing / saying appropriate things or working below or above age - then we can plan for their future learning.

You will drive yourself potty if you try to find a sentence for each observation.

Hth :D

Simona
06-02-2014, 08:04 AM
In this instance the observation is part of the starting point we can observe to start making a pen portrait of the child....I do not see this linked to EYO but it is certainly part of attachment and the bond formed during settling in and found in DM...not everyone uses EYO and certainly not as tick list

I have observed this on many occasions in a new child as have many other CMs ...first day very confident...next day less so...third day a few tears...then on with being happy...nothing to do with EYO at this point
Sorry to disagree but EYO get mentioned all the time

Kerry84
06-02-2014, 08:23 AM
I wasn't trying to find an exact sentence to match the obs just wasn't sure what age a child would generally start to ride a scooter that's all I was looking on DM for but can't find anything like it! Thank you for replys anyway x

Simona
06-02-2014, 09:51 AM
I wasn't trying to find an exact sentence to match the obs just wasn't sure what age a child would generally start to ride a scooter that's all I was looking on DM for but can't find anything like it! Thank you for replys anyway x

I would say that comes under PD...moving and handling