PDA

View Full Version : New EYFS

Brisk
04-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Hello everyone :)

I haven't posted in a while as I stopped childminding in September 2012 due to having a baby - yay! Am getting ready to start again but I know that the EYFS changed when I stopped.

SO. What I want to know is:

Can I bin the old EYFS with the 6 areas of learning, or do I keep it and add the new version?
Can I send off for a printed version of the new one or do I have to download it and print it?
And if so, EXACTLY what do I need to download - precise links would be really helpful - now I have two of my own children I don't have any time to faff around looking for things and I don't want to be caught out by Mrs Ofsted!!

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been asked a million times over xx

FloraDora
04-02-2014, 07:43 PM
There is info regarding changes on this website under free downloads which isn't far to look.

Brisk
04-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Thanks - I've been a bit confused by all the sections of the forum.

Still - do I still bin the old one?

Cinderbella
04-02-2014, 08:45 PM
I binned mine .. as if we dont have enough paperwork lying around =)

Brisk
04-02-2014, 08:48 PM
When I got the old one it was a government printed version that you could send off for - is the new one like that or do I have to print it off? And is it me, or is it waaaaaaay shorter than the old one? I'm not convinced it must be better...

Cinderbella
04-02-2014, 09:00 PM
you need to print it .. I dont think its much difference in size though =( I bought my copy off ebay

Brisk
04-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Cool, I will track it down then...

Simona
04-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks - I've been a bit confused by all the sections of the forum.

Still - do I still bin the old one?

Bin the EYFS 2008? ...I treasure mine hoping one day it will come back!!!

You will find all the info on here

Foundation Years: From pregnancy to children aged 5 (http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/)

but unfortunately you have to print it all...gone are the days when the Departments for Children Schools and Families provided glossy copies to all of us for free
LAs do not send links much these days so we all have to look out for things ourselves but plenty of help here

vickylou
08-02-2014, 09:11 AM
I bought mine off eBay too think it was £9.99. Cheaper than printing it out I think. You also need a copy of the new Early Years Outcomes. I got this too off eBay for £5.99.

bunyip
08-02-2014, 11:43 AM
There is info regarding changes on this website under free downloads which isn't far to look.

Know where you're coming from FloraDora. ;)

bunyip
08-02-2014, 11:45 AM
....and, yes, there are plenty of eBay sharks (plus pacey) happy to scr3w you for a printed copy. :panic:

Simona
13-02-2014, 07:51 AM
you need to print it .. I dont think its much difference in size though =( I bought my copy off ebay

EYFS 2008 was 54 pages long while the EYFs 12 is 29...so yes it is shorter but much more difficult to interpret compared to the previous version which left us in no doubt what we needed to do or was optional

Brisk...unless I am wrong it is a requirement to have a printed copy of the EYFS which should also be shared with parents alongside the EYFS for parents themselves which they are required to have a copy of.
All these can be found on the official website which makes all these publications available to providers on behalf of the DfE...the Foundation Years

Many LAs also printed their own glossy copy of the new EYFS and gave it for free to their providers...have you checked with them to see if they have a spare copy?
My LA produced a beautiful 'all in one version' with DM, check for 2 year olds and gave it away...worth checking.