PDA

View Full Version : Which car have you got?

Willowdancer
20-07-2008, 09:36 PM
My current car drinks petrol like an alcoholic puts away the booze, and is only a 5 seater anyway - so not great on the practical or economical fronts (even if it does look pretty cool :cool:) So, a "new" car is definitely on the cards for me.

The other half reckons I should go for something like a Citroen C5 or Peugeot 406 Estate with 7 seats rather than an MPV as it will keep the cost of tax down as well.

I don't know about that so thought I'd ask a quick question on here and see what everyone else finds the most practical?

Thanks.

Ali

Monkey1
21-07-2008, 04:28 AM
This is a sore subject with me at the moment. But before i would buy anything i would try putting all your pushchairs etc in the boot to make sure you have space.

Teresa
21-07-2008, 07:58 AM
i have a zafira it is a 7 seater but when all the seata are up no room in boot to put my buggy. :angry:

charleyfarley
21-07-2008, 08:02 AM
i have a zafira it is a 7 seater but when all the seata are up no room in boot to put my buggy. :angry:

Same here but can't another one, not unless I win the lottery any time soon

Hope you are feeling a bit better today Monkey

Carol xx

mrsb
21-07-2008, 08:08 AM
We've got a toyota estima, it's an 8 seater and plenty of room in the boot for a double buggy :D

Trouble
21-07-2008, 07:44 PM
VW Touran

7 seats

£145 for road tax

42mpg

Boot not huge when all 7 seats up tho.

same for me, bought a new buggy and will only just fit:( :(

LisaH
21-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Yes definately avoid the Zafira!!

Its a great car generally, but no space once the seats are all up.
Only car I have had tho so no idea about others, sorry.

mum2two
21-07-2008, 08:15 PM
We've got an Estima too. Fab cars. Ours is quite old, but runs well, and has LOADS of space!

I can fit a double pram (like a mama's & papa's one), in my boot! Not many car's you can do that with - with all the seats up too...

Kelly x

jessie1
21-07-2008, 08:53 PM
hey guys. my hubby works for Ford so maybe he's biased but swears by the S-max, we did a long trip last year in one with 7 seats full up and still the buggy in boot. but it can be a 6 seater if you need the room for more luggage. good luck, zafiras are good value for what they are though....

Cazz
21-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I've got a VW Sharan but have had to take one of the seats out to get my mama & papa's pram in, but that doesn't matter at the moment.

It's a diesel which is really economical, so although they are more expensive intially (which is why ours is an old one!) diesel's are worth it in the long run.

Carole x

hbomb1
22-07-2008, 07:03 AM
I have got a Toyota Verso 7-seater (diesel), costs around £60-£65 to fill up. When all seats are up I cannot fit the pushchair in. I normally put it behind the driver and passenger seats i.e. underneath kids' feet.

My husband has a Honda CRV and although the boot space is fab, I cannot fit all three of my children on the back seats which is a real pain.

sarah32
22-07-2008, 07:24 AM
We've gor a 7 seater ford galaxy, brilliant car but really expensive on petrol.

sassy
22-07-2008, 08:13 AM
hi, got a grand espace 7 seater, huge boot and cheap to run and tax

i call it the bus !!!!!!

i love it

sassy x:)

Willowdancer
22-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks all - some good cars in that list so I'll push them in the direction of the other half and see what he thinks. This will be my car mostly for minding, so obviously the final say will come down to me though!

Hubby has just got himself a motorbike which he'll be using for a lot of the call-outs he gets for our business, and we have an ordinary family saloon car but that won't be any good as I've only got 1 seat left when me and my three children are in it.

I don't have a pushchair yet (silly me for giving away all our old equipment, and not that long ago either!) so I'll get whatever I can to fit whatever car I end up getting. I am waiting to see what I get in the way of mindees because at the moment I am having calls from people with children who walk everywhere.

jw19nr
23-07-2008, 09:35 AM
I am hopefully buying my mother in laws ford galaxy. Somebody above said they are expensive on petrol, but this is a desiel and is really cheap to run. My mother in law says she uses about £15 a week desiel but she drives EVERYWHERE, so should be cheaper for me.

We are currently having the same issue, as we have a w golf, 5 seater. We couldnt aford a 7 seater if my mother in law wasnt giving it to us on the cheap.

manjay
23-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I am hopefully buying my mother in laws ford galaxy. Somebody above said they are expensive on petrol, but this is a desiel and is really cheap to run. My mother in law says she uses about £15 a week desiel but she drives EVERYWHERE, so should be cheaper for me.

We are currently having the same issue, as we have a w golf, 5 seater. We couldnt aford a 7 seater if my mother in law wasnt giving it to us on the cheap.

I love my Galaxy. Mine is diesel and I am getting 42 miles to the gallon (only know that cos it tells me on the screen). The boot is not massive when all seats are up but I always have one seat out and there is plenty of room.

Mrs.L.C
23-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Iv got a zafira and I brought a stoller that lies almost flat from an ebay shop- link for buggy below and this fits in boot with all 7 seats up and usualy put all bags and things by kids feet. Another childminder I know also managed to get a twin stroller in the boot of hers (new style zafira) but its no good if your current pushchairs dont fit so try b4 buying.
the boot is a good size with just 5 seats which for the average family would prob be fine and if using during the day when you can only have 3 under 5 good for their money. The boot seats can be put up with ease but you have to unstrap baby car seats on the seats in front so the seats can be pushed forwards to put the boot seats up - if that makes sence.

For the money - I couldnt live with out my zafira but if you have more to spend it prob is worth looking at the larger people carriers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pushchair-Buggy-Stroller-Black-Circles-C-250525_W0QQitemZ140252028236QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em140252028236&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318