PDA

View Full Version : Liz Truss to meet with sector

Smiley
27-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Just noticed this article
Childcare minister to meet with sector to discuss pilot of childminder agencies | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1141731/childcare-minister-meet-sector-discusspilot-childminder-agencies)

Simona
27-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Just noticed this article
Childcare minister to meet with sector to discuss pilot of childminder agencies | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1141731/childcare-minister-meet-sector-discusspilot-childminder-agencies)

Thanks Smiley...heard it straight from the horse's mouth earlier this morning then this confirmed it...meeting is mid February

loocyloo
27-01-2014, 01:42 PM
hmmmmm ...

interesting to find out WHAT is said and IF we find out anything new!

I wonder if the reason no one is saying anything, is that no one has anything to say? ! interesting that apparently new childminders are positive about agencies ( because they don't know any difference ) and unsurprisingly those in areas with 'scaled back' LA support have been positive.

my one big concern is individual inspections. I really don't want my grade to be affected by anyone elses, or for anyone else to be affected by my grade!

Simona
27-01-2014, 01:54 PM
hmmmmm ...

interesting to find out WHAT is said and IF we find out anything new!

I wonder if the reason no one is saying anything, is that no one has anything to say? ! interesting that apparently new childminders are positive about agencies ( because they don't know any difference ) and unsurprisingly those in areas with 'scaled back' LA support have been positive.

my one big concern is individual inspections. I really don't want my grade to be affected by anyone elses, or for anyone else to be affected by my grade!

You may want to reflect your concerns in Question 3 of the consultation...which I feel is I disagree
The agency may get a lower grade than a high quality CM within that agency so that CM loses out
On the other hand the agency may get a higher grade than a poor quality CM but that CM will benefit when in fact she needs to improve

Also look at Q6: should the agency inspection report be published...again I disagree personally

All CMs who get inspected in that agency must have their inspection report published too

Just a few thoughts for reflection there

As the meeting has been well publicised I am sure there will be feedback on the discussions

loocyloo
27-01-2014, 02:12 PM
You may want to reflect your concerns in Question 3 of the consultation...which I feel is I disagree
The agency may get a lower grade than a high quality CM within that agency so that CM loses out
On the other hand the agency may get a higher grade than a poor quality CM but that CM will benefit when in fact she needs to improve

Also look at Q6: should the agency inspection report be published...again I disagree personally

All CMs who get inspected in that agency must have their inspection report published too

Just a few thoughts for reflection there

As the meeting has been well publicised I am sure there will be feedback on the discussions

Have already commented as done reply x