PDA

View Full Version : Arts and Crafts

lor
26-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has used the PACEY crafts book or the Kay woods one am thinking of buying one but not sure if I woud be wasting my money!

Thanks xxx

bunyip
27-01-2014, 09:07 AM
I have to say I'm the most keggy-handed, void-of-ideas CM who ever walked goD's Earth. I am in total awe of the abilities and originality of many of my CMing peers (not to mention a little worried by some who seem to regard their lo's as a test-bed for their latest craft ideas :rolleyes:)

With that in mind, I can't say that I've ever been tempted to throw away any of my hard-earned spendy-buttons on buying this sort of book. Certainly not whilst I have a library, the interwebnet and a host of eager fellow-CMs from whom to crib a few ideas. :rolleyes:

Glitter
27-01-2014, 12:24 PM
I agree with bunyip. When I need ideas I just look on the internet or borrow books from the library. Craft books are usually very expensive and have limited ideas. I have bought craft books from charity shop in the past for a couple of pound.

mrstom
27-01-2014, 12:31 PM
One word... Pinterest :D

Mrsh3103
27-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Pinterest is my bible.
Type in anything and add kids craft to the end and so far I haven't come accross anything there isn't an idea for.
If you're just looking for inspiration just search kids craft activities and literally thousands of ideas will come up :) :) :)
I could kiss the person that invented this site :) :)

miffy
27-01-2014, 03:06 PM
I haven't got either of those books but I agree with the others - I use the internet or the lovely ideas posted on this forum.

Miffy xx

AdeleMarie88
27-01-2014, 04:02 PM
As others have Said, Pinterest is unbelievable! I wouldn't waste money buying arts and crafts books, nursery world also has good ideas! And pre-schooler online for the older child!

This forum is Also good for pinching ideas, someone posted a fab idea for valentines day cards the other day which I have used! X

Rubybubbles
27-01-2014, 04:30 PM
One word... Pinterest :D

This ^^^^ whilst I do have the pacey crafts one as I got it at a conference when I was a member I don't really like it!

The only book I would recommend is http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0435077783/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1390840132&sr=1-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165. It's brilliant and simple to use x(it's more for planning but gies some lovely ideas for craft too)

lor
27-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Thanks everyone,
lots of good advice(as usual) have had a look at pinterest its brilliant!
Thanks xxx