PDA

View Full Version : Re registering - name trouble

JLR191284
23-01-2014, 11:27 PM
So I was registered in 2009 (Home from home childminding) and gave my registration up in 2011 (idiot)

I'm now having to re register and have done my pre reg course, just in the process of filling forms in and editing my policies and procedures.

I'm struggling to think of a new name for the business. I want something new as I was a co childminder before and worked with my friend, this is my business and my property so I want something completely different.

My mind is blank though :( HELP please x

MessybutHappy
24-01-2014, 07:08 AM
Can you do anything with your name, your street name of the area you live in?

E.g Beths Buzzy Bees, South Spalding Childcare?

If you're doing after school care, personally I would avoid "little " because 8 year olds don't really appreciate it!!!

Also, avoid anything to close to anyone else in your area. So if you live just down the road from Abc minding, don't call yourself Abc childcare!!!

JLR191284
24-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the advice :)

My husband came up with Tomorrows Future Childminding but to me its not childcare-y enough

There is only one other minder in my village and the school so ok in that respect x

rickysmiths
24-01-2014, 12:52 PM
I thought our basic Registration had to be in our own names because of Identity? We can then call our business what we want to.

Chatterbox Childcare
24-01-2014, 01:17 PM
I thought our basic Registration had to be in our own names because of Identity? We can then call our business what we want to.

I am presuming this is for her letterheads for her documentation??

JLR191284
24-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Yes, that's exactly it chatterbox. I think it always looks better with a business name on logo on paperwork, car etc. more professional almost x

FloraDora
24-01-2014, 09:03 PM
From experience I know that whatever you put on your logos the children will say they are going to....".name's house" and parents will say "tomorrow you are going to name's".

joannes
28-01-2014, 08:35 PM
I emailed and asked Ofsted about this. They said to fill in the form with my personal details and then on the notes page add a comment stating I wish the business to be known by "x" name. This is because, if I am using a company name for the purpose of IR, logos, paperwork, insurance etc. then parents/public will search for that name on Ofsted's website to view inspection reports. What I did do was check with companies house to check my name hadn't been registered already to ensure I wouldn't have to change it later. I felt it gave me more identity and looked more professional but also gave me more options in the future if I wanted to take on assistants or branch into other areas of childcare as I wouldn't need to change my name (also I got married at Christmas so my names changed in the last few weeks!).