PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted consultation re inspecting agencies

christine e
23-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Ofsted | Inspecting childminder agencies: consultation document (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/inspecting-childminder-agencies-consultation-document)

Mouse
23-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Thank you Christine. I have already completed mine & saved it, although I may give it another read through and tweak a few bits before submitting it!

Chatterbox Childcare
23-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Just got my email from Pacey - at last they are listening

FloraDora
23-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Read it, sent it, I am having a profitable day.

Simona
24-01-2014, 10:39 AM
This consultation closes on 21 March...there is time to read and re read the questions
Yet again we have many 'closed' questions that will give Ofsted the answers they want...I would read it very carefully before ticking the 'I agree' boxes...few are obvious YES

my hope is that the representing associations will provide support with this consultation

VeggieSausage
24-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Yes if anyone agrees with a statement and then places comments in the box, those comments will not be taken into account so read carefully and do not agree if you want to make comments.....

24-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Well I have filled it in, careful not to "agree" with any question so I can add comments which should then be taken into account. I have put on every answer a version of "each individual childminder must be inspected as they provided the care and education not the agency - to maintain quality and safeguard children." Had a bit of fun moaning about the nature of the questions designed to support agencies and Government policy and the fact that in previous consultations the majority view against agencies has been ignored. Also that all the responses - in full - should be published (anonymously?) so we can judge for ourselves if the Government is listening, using public money effectively and not manipulating the consultation findings. Not very hopeful taht they are listening but at least I have got it off my chest. Have fun offloading frustrations with this issue too!

Simona
24-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Well I have filled it in, careful not to "agree" with any question so I can add comments which should then be taken into account. I have put on every answer a version of "each individual childminder must be inspected as they provided the care and education not the agency - to maintain quality and safeguard children." Had a bit of fun moaning about the nature of the questions designed to support agencies and Government policy and the fact that in previous consultations the majority view against agencies has been ignored. Also that all the responses - in full - should be published (anonymously?) so we can judge for ourselves if the Government is listening, using public money effectively and not manipulating the consultation findings. Not very hopeful taht they are listening but at least I have got it off my chest. Have fun offloading frustrations with this issue too!

You may remember that last year PLA had to ask the DfE for publication of the Childcare Commission...I believe under the Freedom of Information... which we had been waiting a long time for and whose publication became a guessing game...it revealed only a few hundred people bothered to respond....was it 328?

All consultations can be published...I think we should make sure that CMs do respond but are aware of what they are ticking before doing so
It would be good to discuss the questions we feel unsure about and what they 'MAY' hide ?
Another worry for me is the input from those charities who support the agency ideas such as 4Children and a few more I have suspicions about

I am certainly not running into filling it in...I want more feedback from the associations

loocyloo
24-01-2014, 04:10 PM

That's pretty much how I filled it in too x

Simona
24-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Can anyone share how they would answer
Question 1: Should agencies have No notice inspections?

Smiley
24-01-2014, 07:34 PM
A childminder who's name I can't mention has done a very good blog with suggestions to help childminders consider their responses to the consultation

Simona
24-01-2014, 10:29 PM
A childminder who's name I can't mention has done a very good blog with suggestions to help childminders consider their responses to the consultation

I agree with many of the comments in the blog and had already posted my own questions too
To me something is not right about this consultation but it is the best tool we have to express our strong views...the timing is not right, we are also asked to input ideas on 'something' that is not even up and running or even legal ...we have no feedback on the trials from those participating in it...no idea of models trialling.....it is all hanging in the future and our views could help shape agencies which is not what we want to do

Of the 6 proposals only Q6 I would 'agree' with that agencies inspection reports should be published on their website...why ask in the first place?the rest seems to be 'I disagree' for me

Maybe we could reflect and come back later.... we have time