PDA

View Full Version : Procedure for working with other child care settings and sharing information??

harrysgirl
22-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Hello
I am sitting here trying to write a procedure for how I would approach, work together with other child care settings the children may attend, and sharing information - this isn't something I have done yet but I feel its the only thing missing from my portfolio that Ms O may pick up on as it was mentioned on my last inspection - but I am completely stumped and stuck for words.
Could I kindly ask anyone to share one they have or use with me, or a pointer in the right direction for wording and content would be gratefully received.
thank you in advance x

happyfeet2013
22-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Well I use a communication book for all my parents and organizations involved with child
This goes with them every day
Also I send a newsletter out to parents every season

Simona
23-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Hello
I am sitting here trying to write a procedure for how I would approach, work together with other child care settings the children may attend, and sharing information - this isn't something I have done yet but I feel its the only thing missing from my portfolio that Ms O may pick up on as it was mentioned on my last inspection - but I am completely stumped and stuck for words.
Could I kindly ask anyone to share one they have or use with me, or a pointer in the right direction for wording and content would be gratefully received.
thank you in advance x

There is not really a procedure..it has to do with good practice and sharing information for the benefit of children for best outcomes

If a child comes to you from another setting they should forward their assessment of learning...same if a child leaves you to go somewhere else you would provide your record for them
If care is shared between a CM and another setting then info sharing becomes very important...all good in theory but I know in practice it does not really happen....we have along way to go to achieve good professional relationships

Personally I insist on getting info from a previous provider so that I can move the children on...I always willingly share my records with a new provider and also ask someone who shares the care to co-operate...it is not always easy but, as long as you try your best, you cannot be blamed if things do not go according to plan but Ofsted will be glad to see you have this procedure in place.