PDA

View Full Version : do you add cleaning items on expenses

julie w
22-01-2014, 11:38 AM
I was reading about items we can put on expenses. It never crossed my mind to add things like washing powder, dettox, kitchen towels,bleach etc. I automatically buy these things for my home anyway. However thinking about it I wouldnt do half as much cleaning if I worked elsewhere eg washing toys,and endlessly cleaning surfaces. So how much should I be putting through for hese things? Obviously I use them within my own family too. Advice most appreciated thank you.

dawn100
22-01-2014, 11:59 AM
I work out what I would use if I didn't cm, I use to claim about half but when I had a week off I listed how much stuff I did go through, eg a roll of kitchen paper lasted a week but when I'm cm I to through 3/4 rolls per week, anti bac spray and wipes I don't use when I'm not working so 100% of that now goes through, floor cleaner when I don't work I mop once a week but when I do work I mop 5 times a week so put 4/5ths through, clothes washing liquid I buy a seperate bottle for cm as I found that varied so much.
It might seem a bit if a faff to work it out but I found I was claiming nowhere near as much as I was actually using and I now have a record of what I normally use in a week with my family should the HMRC ever want to look at my accounts and query it. Have started to buy more and more stuff and keep it just for cm like carpet cleaner liquid, its very expensive but working out how much I was using due to cm was too complicated but now I have seperate bottles can clearly see I use it more for clearing up after spills or accidents due to cm than I do for my own family.

JCrakers
22-01-2014, 01:29 PM
I put through

Dettol spray
Toilet rolls
baby wipes
kitchen roll
Anti bac soap

I prob should put through a bit of the cleaning but don't...especially dishwasher tablets as it seems to be on twice a day

Chatterbox Childcare
22-01-2014, 01:39 PM
I do actual percentage of my shopping bill so the cleaning items are included all the time

redtiger21
22-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Every week or 2 I'll put one cleaning-type cost through the books x

hectors house
22-01-2014, 09:16 PM
I put through 50% of most cleaning products, unless they are specifically for a part of house not used by children eg: shower cleaner. Don't under estimate things like cling film if you prepare the childrens meals and re-heat them, I get through rolls of the stuff a year!

auntym
23-01-2014, 08:28 AM
I put through
50% bin bags
50 % washing up liquid
10% washing powder
50% cloths
50% polish wipes
75% floor cleaning liquid
50% antibacterial wipes
5 toilet rolls per wk
50% hand wash
Foil
Baby wipes

I work from 7am till 630 pm 3 before and after school and 3 early years in day.
I clean every evening as constant traffic with littles ones in and out all day. And my children are out at college 8 - 5 so all if the above is fully used for minding.