PDA

View Full Version : drb check for partner

Kidston
21-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi my husband works with children and had a drb done in august will I still need to pay for another one to be done?

tulip0803
21-01-2014, 04:52 PM
I think you need to speak to your regulating body.

Has he signed up for the update service which costs £13 a year and means that employers can check on-line? If he has then they should be able to check it that way.

My husband had one last year for work and I have to do another for him now, I am in Wales and he is a bus driver including school buses.

joannes
28-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Think this is madness. The whole point of the new DBS system was to make it much clearer, more efficient and more up to date than the old CRBs. My husband works as a bus driver so his work pay for him to have his done annually as by law he has to have one. Ofsted emailed me back when I enquired saying that Ofsted see it as valid if it has been done for "Ofsted purposes". The admin company who Ofsted use is the same one that processed his DBS for work 8 weeks ago and will be doing it next November. Just seems like a money-making scam if he has to get a separate one :-/ not to mention more paperwork. I could understand it under the old system where you never needed to renew if you stayed in the same job but as they're updated annually we'd be paying for 2 for him each year for the same period with the same info. I was speaking to a paramedic on my first aid course today who has said that since it's been introduced it's got dafter than she's ever known it as she now has 4.

tulip0803
28-01-2014, 08:48 PM
It is only easier if you sign up to pay £13 a year and then it is automatically updated and can be checked by any organisation, otherwise it is the same as the old CRB. But you have to sign up for automatic renewal between submitting it and 2 weeks after you receive the certificate otherwise you run out of time.