PDA

View Full Version : outings - what do i need to take?

butterfly
19-07-2008, 09:23 PM
It has just dawned on me that when i go out on outings i may need to have some paperwork actually with me. I thought of taking emergency contact details and maybe making id cards for the children so they could be identified if i couldn't communicate. does anyone have these and if so how much info do you put on them and where do you keep them?

do i also need to take permission forms actually with me and what about something stating that i have permission to get emergency medical treatment for the children?

i am beginning to think i'm going to need a pack horse to carry all the equipment!!

sarah707
19-07-2008, 09:41 PM
I have the children's contact numbers in my mobile and my ICE number (in case of emergency)... someone who knows the children and where to find their details in the house as well.

I take a photocopy of the children's emergency medical forms, including details of parents, emergency contacts, religion, allergies, date of birth and parents signature.

You have to be aware there might be a situation where you cannot speak for the children, so while confidentiality is obviously important, so is safeguarding their welfare if you are incapacitated.

Hope this helps :D

ChocolateChip
23-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I have recently been in a quandary about this myself- Sarah you have just explained it so well I know what to do now, thanks so much!:thumbsup:

angeldelight
24-07-2008, 06:52 AM
If you can manage it after that little lot - dont forget the children !!

Angel xx

Pedagog
24-07-2008, 07:05 AM
I have these for my children, well the younger ones anyway.Ice Ideas (http://www.iceideas.co.uk/)

angeldelight
24-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the link Charlotte

Angel xx

miffy
24-07-2008, 08:14 AM
If you can manage it after that little lot - dont forget the children !!

Angel xx
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the ICE link Charlotte

Miffy xx

ruby
24-07-2008, 11:32 AM
i made little cards with pictures of the children their parents name and emergency contact numbers, doctors number and any allergies they have

i laminate them and puched holes and put them on a key ring this is always in my bag along with a little first aid kit.

cathy

hello kitty
24-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I have these for my children, well the younger ones anyway.Ice Ideas (http://www.iceideas.co.uk/)

I like the temp tattoos - more permissions needed for those to be used though! :rolleyes:

Pedagog
24-07-2008, 02:57 PM
They have some nice bits and bobs, don't they?

madasahatter
02-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I also have laminated cards, one for each child and myself with a photo, name, address, doctors details, any allergies or medical conditions and 2 emergency contact details (including their relationship with the emergency contact).
I only take the cards relating to the children I have with me at the time as if something happened to me I wouldn't want people looking for children who aren't with me at the time IYSWIM

butterfly
02-08-2008, 05:18 PM
i made little cards with pictures of the children their parents name and emergency contact numbers, doctors number and any allergies they have

i laminate them and puched holes and put them on a key ring this is always in my bag along with a little first aid kit.

cathy

i like the key ring idea!

ajs
02-08-2008, 05:58 PM

cathy

that's exactly what i have
i have put photos of all the children on to cards with all of their details and their parent's details
and i keep them in my nappy bag
if i just go in the car without the nappy bag i also have the details kept in the car

scottie
02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
first aid kit

Chimps Childminding
02-08-2008, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=madasahatter;199076]I also have laminated cards, one for each child and myself with a photo, name, address, doctors details, any allergies or medical conditions and 2 emergency contact details (including their relationship with the emergency contact).

I have similar - mine are in a small photo album in fact I have 2. One stays permanently in the glove box of the car, and the other is in my changing bag as if I am only popping out to school I don't take the bag with me!