PDA

View Full Version : Re-starting

MAWI
19-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi All

Having missed out and not been in touch with CM matters since August 2012, I have two questions please:
1: Can someone confirm the ratios/variations. Is it still the same, i.e 3 under 5 or 6 under 8 at anytime?? With regards to variations, how do they now work? Do we still contact Ofsted or is it now up to us?

2: Do I have to inform my mortgage company that I am Childminding? I never have before, however someone mentioned that I need to. Was totally lost on that one.

Thanks in advance

Simona
19-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Hi All

Having missed out and not been in touch with CM matters since August 2012, I have two questions please:
1: Can someone confirm the ratios/variations. Is it still the same, i.e 3 under 5 or 6 under 8 at anytime?? With regards to variations, how do they now work? Do we still contact Ofsted or is it now up to us?

2: Do I have to inform my mortgage company that I am Childminding? I never have before, however someone mentioned that I need to. Was totally lost on that one.

Thanks in advance

The first question is the 1 million dollar one!
EYFS 2012 allows you to self variate (page 21)...as long as you do not have more than 6 under 8 at any time which you are very clear about....you are left interpreting what you can do...not really helpful I know

CMs have been discussing this since the revised EYFS came out in Sept 2012...sometimes we agree sometimes we don't

The only thing is you do not have to inform Ofsted...there is no new certificate issue each time as the same one applies...just tell the parents that you are taking more than 3 under 5...do a Risk assessment, consider your equipment and resources and off you go...sound easy but you can always post your questions here for help

never heard of that one about informing the mortgage company...household and car insurance ..yes they need to know
Good luck

sarah707
19-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Yes you should inform your mortgage company.

Variations are explained in the Eyfs of course... and here from Ofsted - Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - The numbers and ages of children that providers on the Early Years and Childcare Registers may care for (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-numbers-and-ages-of-children-providers-early-years-and-childcare-registers-may-c)

and in this document which Ofsted proofed - Variations2012 (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/variations2012.html)

Hth :D

MAWI
19-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Thank you That's a great help

MAWI
19-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I forgot to ask Sarah707 what is the reason for informing mortgage company? Do they charge you another fee or something?
Thnak you

Simona
21-01-2014, 09:14 AM
I forgot to ask Sarah707 what is the reason for informing mortgage company? Do they charge you another fee or something?
Thnak you

Yes ...I would like to know why that is a requirement?
I have never come across it...has anyone else told their mortgage company and if so why?

FussyElmo
21-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Yes ...I would like to know why that is a requirement?
I have never come across it...has anyone else told their mortgage company and if so why?

Yes we had too. Cost nothing its because I was running a business from home. It states in the mortgage agreement that no business is to be run but they accepted childminding as being different.