PDA

View Full Version : Tax return help please..

Jelly Baby
17-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Ok so EVERY year I struggle BUT this year I was quite confident on doing it...until it looks like it has changed?

I am employed & self employed and have un through it all ok but the self employed bit I used to do the short expenses bit and I cant see that option. Problem is I don't categorise my expenses so don't know how much say 'office bits' are or 'rent bits'??? I just know it as one chunk?!

There is a bit where it says something like 'if you provide work by contracts' the rest of the options don't apply..what do we tick? I ticked it and ran through but have got to the end and its asking me a question I have no idea what it means and wont let me put £0 in so am completely stuck?

Please someone tell me I don't have to run through a whole year of books and separate it all up?

Thanks x

cathtee
17-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Sorry can't help, I only do short version as only self employed hope it works out :thumbsup:

tulip0803
18-01-2014, 12:48 PM
I was employed and self employed and only filled a short form for self employed. Go back to the beginning and see if you have ticked a wrong box somewhere.

Jelly Baby
22-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Done it thanks!! Phew!