PDA

View Full Version : Is any one Employed as well as Self Employed

Jenna
16-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Well things have been a little quiet here since end of Oct when my full timer left and I haven't had any luck filling the spaces. Lots of enquiries for sept 14 but that's a long way off at the moment. Oh and we're getting married in August so could really do with some extra money. I'm thinking of applying for part time job to run along side my childminding days at mo I don't work Monday and Wednesday so hopefully these days. I was just wondering what happens with tax and national insurance. Does anyone else work else where and childmind too?

Glitter
16-01-2014, 06:41 PM
I am employed and self employed!

I child mind and work in a school. As I don't earn very much I don't have pay any tax or national insurance.

When you fill in your tax return you have to fill in one section for self employed and one for employed. I find that having two jobs helps as I have a guaranteed wage as most people only want part time child minders round here and I can not earn very much from it.

sarah707
16-01-2014, 07:43 PM
My partner works and is self employed - he just fills in his tax return with both figures and they work it out and give him a tax code :D

Jelly Baby
17-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Hi yes I do although im just about to post about help with my tax return as looks different to last years and am completely lost?!:panic: Normally you just do both jobs on your tax return and it works it all out..i hope that's still the case!