PDA

View Full Version : Guidance with a Toilet Training Policy please

button68
19-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Right since I'm left with only 2 mindees at the moment (7 months and 17 months) I thought I'd introduce some new policies (you can never have too many ;) ) before anyone new started, iyswim.

The main one I'm particularly keen on is a Toilet Training Policy since my 'friend' took total advantage of me with her 2 year old when he was my mindee :angry:

I remember moaning about it on here and a few said "Ahhhhhh!! If only you hand a tolilet training policy ....!" I did get some good pointers then but I can't, for the life of me find that thread.

I remember Sarahnev saying her policy said something along the lines of - She'll assist but the process must be began at home and the must be semi reliable to come in knickers/boxers ??????? something like that anyway.

sarah707
19-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes, mine says -

•I will work with parents, but parents must start the process at home first. A child is not ready until they can start to recognise when they need the toilet and this readiness varies depending on the child. Toilet training should not be rushed or started too early. I will discuss this with parents;

Then goes on to talk about the things I have in place to help children like a step, how I expect them to wear toilet friendly clothes and how I need 2 sets of changes including socks. I ask for pads for rest times and long outings.

Hope this helps :D

breezy
19-07-2008, 05:05 PM
mine is similar, I ask them to start at home over a weekend AT LEAST and then I will continue, I ask for change of clothes etc too.