PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Ideas...

EmmaReed84
14-01-2014, 05:06 PM
The playgroup that I chair the committee for, is looking to have a fundraiser. We have the option of a hall for the evening, and possibly some tribute acts/bands etc... We are hoping for something around Valentine's Day and would love some ideas of what else we can do to raise some money.

We were thinking of selling tickets for £5.00 and perhaps doing a raffle, an idea was to have a raffle ticket attached to a champagne glass, so people would pay £3.00 but get the glass of bubbly and a ticket, insead of just selling tickets alone (which we would do as well)

QualityCare
15-01-2014, 08:52 AM
What sort of prizes did you have in mind for raffle, l like the idea of ticket on glass of champagne, are you writing to local leisure centre for free swimming session, ice rink, restaurants any local attraction for days out etc if you do that l would just give the free ticket so people have to attend to win and then do a posh tombola no tins or packets of food or alcohol but chocolate only, get everyone to donate their uneaten boxes and tins of sweets and chocolate biscuits from Christmas buy a few boxes of good chocs and then bars of chocs little packs etc, thorntons may donate or local supermarket especially if you know someone who works there. Are you providing food you could decide on a simple buffet menu and get each committee member to supply one item and buy some what about drink are you allowed to supply and sell it if you do provide food is £5 to cheap £7.50 as people may think £10 is to dear.

EmmaReed84
15-01-2014, 10:10 AM
I had a brief chat with one of the committee members and she had a good idea, to have a variety evening, with some music, a comic, Youth Creation (dance group from BGT is our local group and my niece is in it :thumbsup:) I would obviously have to ask them first!

but also have some fun like, get wives to nominate their husbands for a sponsored leg waxing, using the local salon...

I think it is a good idea, and we will discuss it further at our meeting on Frday, but what else could we do for that?