PDA

View Full Version : School run

Jenna
14-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Was wondering if anyone can help I currently do school pick up for a little girl 3 nights a week. My own ds could catch the school bus home (he does the other 2 days) only as I'm already down there it's easier for him to come home with us as well. I have to use the car. Can I put this as expenses as if it wasn't for the little girl I wouldn't be going ds would just get the bus.

sarah707
14-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Any car journey for childminded children is a business expense at 45p a mile :D

ja-lula-belli
15-01-2014, 11:15 AM
I do a pick up from a school around the corner of my children's schools so put it under my expenses and I then go to another school around another corner from that again I run this through my expenses.

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I was told by the HMRC that you couldn't claim if collecting a child from the same place as my own children. In this instance I think you could justify why you are claiming so I would put it down and discuss it if investigated.

Tazmin68
20-01-2014, 10:38 PM
I have the sinario that I take a mindee home at 2.45 and do not have the time to drive home and then do the 20 min walk to pick up 2 other mindees, my own son and have two little ones in a buggy and hmrc said I could put the mileage through for the school run in this instance.

It's a small world
21-01-2014, 09:16 AM
I claim as if i didnt have the number of children i have i would walk with my own 2. This is my way of justifying . Plus I have to pick up mindee at 8 then another at 8.15 over 3 miles away then collect another from school when older ones dropped off and collect another one 9.15 again not possible if child 8am and 9am child late as would make me late for next set if children . Hth x

k-tots
21-01-2014, 10:16 AM
I claim as if i didnt have the number of children i have i would walk with my own 2. This is my way of justifying . Plus I have to pick up mindee at 8 then another at 8.15 over 3 miles away then collect another from school when older ones dropped off and collect another one 9.15 again not possible if child 8am and 9am child late as would make me late for next set if children . Hth x

Im the same....if I didn't cm I would walk