PDA

View Full Version : just a few questions....getting a bit lost in the process!

2lovelygirls
08-01-2014, 09:51 PM
hi all.

so my course was cancelled but I have managed to book on an online course which is great but now I feel a bit lost with the whole process. I wonder if anyone could answer me the following questions? :)

I have just downloaded the EYC application form from the ofsted website and had a quick read through but I didn't seem to see anything about the medical (unless I missed it). When do I request medical form from my dr? do I need to give him something to fill in? Is it not part of this form.

Also, in regards to references. I have been with my current employer for 7 years but haven't yet told them im leaving (and don't want to yet until I am sure I have gotten near the end of the process). Do I need a reference from them? who else could I ask?

Finally, am I right in saying I can send my application form in whenever I want - I haven't finished the course or first aid but do have end dates (my first aid finishes 28th jan and I will complete my online course before then)

thank you :D

sazzylou
08-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Hello

How are you finding the course? I'm halfway through doing mine at the moment.

I think the reference will have to be your current employer tbh, although don't take my word for it.

Hope all goes well

X

Hummingbird84
11-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Hiya,
I have just sent off my EYC form. You can do this even if you haven't done your first aid or pre registration course but have dates for when booked.
Once this has been received they will and you a health declaration form for you and your GP to fill out and send back. Good luck! Xx

The Juggler
12-01-2014, 01:35 PM
hi all.

so my course was cancelled but I have managed to book on an online course which is great but now I feel a bit lost with the whole process. I wonder if anyone could answer me the following questions? :)

I have just downloaded the EYC application form from the ofsted website and had a quick read through but I didn't seem to see anything about the medical (unless I missed it). When do I request medical form from my dr? do I need to give him something to fill in? Is it not part of this form.

Also, in regards to references. I have been with my current employer for 7 years but haven't yet told them im leaving (and don't want to yet until I am sure I have gotten near the end of the process). Do I need a reference from them? who else could I ask?

Finally, am I right in saying I can send my application form in whenever I want - I haven't finished the course or first aid but do have end dates (my first aid finishes 28th jan and I will complete my online course before then)

thank you :D

are your children (if you have them) in childcare at the moment? I asked my own childminder to do a reference for me, then I also asked a long term friend who was a nurse. Or if you visit any toddler groups/children's centres, maybe ask the manager/leader to give you a reference??

alex__17
20-01-2014, 02:24 PM
My references were both done by friends/colleagues, we were told on the course they need to be character references and can be by anyone that knows you, ideally someone that knows you and your child/how yu are with kids, just not family