PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed :-)

Ella123
05-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Hi Everyone

I just have a couple of questions that I would really like answers to if poss, sorry if they seem a bit obvious but i just want to be completely sure I am doing the right thing ... im a new childminder but due to get my first inspection in the next month or so. I just have the following queries:

1) Do I have to record of the fridge temperature everyday if I dont actually provide meals (only snacks) as the parents provide food.

2) At the moment I look after a 10 month old baby, a 17 month old, a 14 month old and a 28 month old. I so far havent actually been washing there hands before/after meals (I have been using wet wipes to clean their hands). Will Ofsted look at this badly? should I be washing their hands at the sink?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated :-)

cathtee
05-01-2014, 10:11 PM
I check the fridge temperature at least twice a day but don't write it down. And as for lo's hands I use wipes and did so on my inspection Mrs O was ok with it and to be honest it's a lot easier than trying to hold a lo up to the sink and wash their hands and keep an eye on the others, hope this helps

tulip0803
05-01-2014, 10:18 PM
I check temperatures in my fridge and freezer daily and only write in my diary if there is a problem and what I have done to rectify/solve. I store the children's packed lunches in my fridge.

As long as you are cleaning their hands wipes are fine. Don't forget to do it after their nappy changes too and to tell them why as inspectors have picked up on these things in people's inspections :thumbsup: