PDA

View Full Version : Daily Diary Advice

ABBS12001
05-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Hi all, I've been childminding for over a year now and struggling a bit for completing paper daily diaries for my mindees, not so much pre-schooler (only have 1) but its the before/after school children. I send every childs parent an individual daily email with a little blurb about what we've done and a few photos (all permission slips etc in place for this) and a do a wee daily diary for their individual folders. They also get a monthly newsletter for what we did previous month and what I hope to do for the following month. I also send out weekly - daily activity/food planners etc.

My question to others is what do you all do about daily diaries for before/after school age children - do you all do paper diaries for every child just I sometimes struggle to put much - especially for length of time they are here and wondered what others do for their before/after school age children.

Any advice much appreciated :-)

Thanks
A

Kirstylob
06-01-2014, 08:38 AM
I don't do diaries for that age. I tell the parents when the child is collected what we have done in the short time I have had them after school. And at that age they're old enough to tell their parents what they have done, if they can remember! I do do a monthly newsletter though both planned activities and any reminders.

Smiley
06-01-2014, 09:48 AM
I also don't do diaries for school children but discuss with parents what we have been doing, when they collect them at the end of the day

ja-lula-belli
06-01-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm the same I just have an a4 scrap book that I collect art, pics etc from things they have done, that is of they do not take their art work or crafts home lol

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

miffy
06-01-2014, 10:59 PM
I don't do daily diaries for schoolies just have a quick chat with parents when they pick up.

The only other paperwork I send out regularly for this age group is a monthly newsletter.

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
07-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Most CMs only do daily diaries for children under 3 years old. Sounds like you need to cut back the paperwork at bit :thumbsup:

Marshmallow
07-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I personally only do diaries for my under 3's, then its quite informative :)

School children can talk for themselves and they usually never stop when the parents turn up to collect them :rolleyes:

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
07-01-2014, 12:22 PM
I only do dd until they go to school full time.

ABBS12001
07-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I think I'm going to stop doing daily diary for school age kids - they get pictures and I speak to parents each day...I might just do a wee summary for the week for their folder to go along with a few pictures :-) Thanks again. Alison