PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Records

Rashi
03-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Hi

I am not sure if I have posted this in the right forum but I need some advice.

Do I need to keep an attendance record for children over 8 for before and after school care?

I am wanting to get my paper work sorted and in order.

Thanks in advance

x

cathtee
03-01-2014, 04:55 PM
I keep a record of every child on my premises regardless of age, then anyone coming into your setting for any reason they know exactly how many children are there :thumbsup:

Rashi
03-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Thank you so much. I have been keeping a log but wasn't sure if it was a legal requirement

x

Jingle
04-01-2014, 07:52 PM
I don't know if it's a legal requirement or not but I do it too as I can then prove exactly how many children and who were here at any time. Just as with the little ones I write exact times.

moggy
04-01-2014, 08:16 PM
I don't know if it's a legal requirement or not but I do it too as I can then prove exactly how many children and who were here at any time. Just as with the little ones I write exact times.

'Legal/illegal' may not be the right term for it, but it is certainly 'very good practice' and I think your insurer would insist on it in case you were sued for something in future and had to prove if a child was in your care or not on a particular day/time.

Rashi
05-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi Jingle

Thanks for your advice. I have created a spreadsheet to log my attendance records on.

I have one for under 5's and another for older children

X

Simona
09-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Hi

I am not sure if I have posted this in the right forum but I need some advice.

Do I need to keep an attendance record for children over 8 for before and after school care?

I am wanting to get my paper work sorted and in order.

Thanks in advance

x

YES ...over 8 do not count in your ratio but still need to be accounted for ...Ofsted will be looking for this.
No need to have a separate register for them ...one for all ticking their daily attendance will do, no need to extra paperwork

rickysmiths
09-01-2014, 11:00 PM
I enter all children of any age in my Pacey Register and all parents sign at the end of each week. I do it as a Safeguarding exercise. Ofsted can also see exactly who is with me at any one time.

Rashi
10-01-2014, 12:21 AM
I log all attendances on an excel spreadsheet and parents sign at the end of every month.

I also have a visitors book.

miffy
10-01-2014, 07:43 AM
I agree you need to keep a record of attendance for all the children you care for - the times recorded should be the exact (to the minute) times they arrive and leave the premises not the contracted hours or even to the nearest 5 minutes.

Miffy xx