PDA

View Full Version : Ad hoc care

Rasharoon
18-07-2008, 06:07 PM
I've a mum whose child I will mind 2 mornings a week over the summer holidays (he is a soon to be 5 year old). We have today completed an NCMA Short Term Contract as the end date is 13th August.
She asked me about ad-hoc care in that there may be a day here and there should she have to work that she may need me. It might not even happen but what would I do contract wise as it certainly isn't a firm agreement. It could be that I'd get a call the day before she needs care which would be after school.
Any help gratefully appreciated.
xx

Banana
18-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Hiya,

i've just has a meeting with a parent today who just needed ad hoc care. I've agreed to it as its suits the space I have and tbh I done want anything permanent on those days as im trying to work as little as possible just now lol.

All i am doing is child record forms, permission forms and emergency contact info. No point doing a contract as nothing is set in stone with regard to hours.

Maybe just get her to sign a agreement reagarding payment amounts and when its due

Good luck with it

x

katickles
18-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Could you not write somethng in an additional notes section, that states that you will mind on occasional days with so much notice & £?? per day?

Helpinghands
06-08-2008, 07:37 AM
I mind a little boy on an adhoc basis. Only when his childminder isn't able to have him!! I just told her I can do it according to my spaces. Its an extra few quid and another person spreading the word about how fab you are!

06-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi

I mind about 10 children on an ad hoc basis (for a whole number of reasons - back up care, appointments, parents are contractors etc). I insist on full contracts and paper work for all, at least it is there and I think encourages more hours as they don't have to redo it each time. I make it 100% clear that I can only mind if there is a space and with prior "booking". Sometimes they will have to be disappointed! All this is on the notes section of the contract and I strike through the contracted hours bit. It can be a good earner and fill in any gaps you have. However I never do this for children unless I have already looked after them or a sibling on a regular basis before because I want them to be settled and to know me first, I also want a good relationship with the parents.

Anni

cloud9
06-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Could you not write somethng in an additional notes section, that states that you will mind on occasional days with so much notice & £?? per day?

I do this to i fill out the full contract as normal, in the days/hours section i put n/a and in the additional notes section i put:

Ad-hoc hours to be provided upon request. Once hours are booked regardless of illness or non attendance full fee's are still required because the place has been allocated to you.

That way i found i didn't lose out financially if i had an ad-hoc child who in the end didn't need to come but i had turned others away.

polobear1970
06-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I do this to i fill out the full contract as normal, in the days/hours section i put n/a and in the additional notes section i put:

Ad-hoc hours to be provided upon request. Once hours are booked regardless of illness or non attendance full fee's are still required because the place has been allocated to you.

That way i found i didn't lose out financially if i had an ad-hoc child who in the end didn't need to come but i had turned others away.

Thanks for that, thats a great idea

Lisa

miffy
06-08-2008, 05:54 PM
As this child is only just 5 he will be taking up a place - if you want to do ad-hoc hours for this one I'd make it clear it would only be if you had space available or you could end up turning down a regular job because you are keeping a space for this child.

I'd also do a full contract and add a clause similar to that suggested above - once booked payment is expected!

Miffy xx

breezy
06-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I've done the same as mentioned above done a full contract and written details in the comments box.

son77
06-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Sorry, blonde moment!!

Whats ad-hoc stand for? :blush: