PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Pacey accounts book...

redtiger21
01-01-2014, 10:16 PM
This may sound a bit dumb but I'm relatively new to all this so bear with me.... when entering monthly income etc, say we're talking about the week beginning 30th December- now is that counted as a week of December, or a week of January? If a parent is only paying for the Friday of that week (3rd Jan), does that money get recorded in December's income or January's income? I'm now struggling to know what month to enter my income and expenditure in when it occurs in one of those crossover weeks! Help!!

tulip0803
01-01-2014, 10:26 PM
I count all weeks in the month that the Monday falls on - so for my accounts I am still in December until Monday 6th when it becomes January.
All payments and expenses in this week are put through in December. It simplifies things for me no half weeks only full weeks.

As long as you record everything it is not a problem.

Dragonfly
02-01-2014, 08:13 AM
W/C 30/12/13 :)

Dragonfly
02-01-2014, 08:13 AM
2014 !!! Meant this.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2014, 09:41 AM
If the week has more than 3 days of one month in it I class it in that month

EG

Dec 29th, 30th, 31st and Jan 1st and 2nd would come under week 5 of December for me but if it was 30th & 31st Dec and 1,2,3 Jan it would be week 1 of Jan

Not right or wrong way..

moggy
02-01-2014, 01:29 PM
As long as you are consistent with how you do it, it does not matter.

As long as you do not count any days twice and do not miss any day, it is fine.

I do it by 'week commencing' day so if the Monday is in Dec then the whole week is classed as Dec. The Pacey accounts book is more geared up to 'week commencing' method so that is what I do.

Just decide what you want to do and stick to it.

shortstuff
02-01-2014, 01:30 PM
i have a PACEY account book here that i havent and will not use if anyone would like it x

rickysmiths
02-01-2014, 04:04 PM
I have always used the Pacey Accounts book and I go by the number of Mondays in the Month for weeks.

loocyloo
02-01-2014, 09:50 PM
As long as you are consistent with how you do it, it does not matter.

As long as you do not count any days twice and do not miss any day, it is fine.

I do it by 'week commencing' day so if the Monday is in Dec then the whole week is classed as Dec. The Pacey accounts book is more geared up to 'week commencing' method so that is what I do.

Just decide what you want to do and stick to it.

That's how I do it.

redtiger21
04-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Ok thank you everyone, I'm going to carry on as I have been then, and class each week in the month it starts in, i.e. w/c mon 30th dec is the final week of December. I just got doubts in my head for some reason, but I feel better now!