PDA

View Full Version : There was an middle aged lady.....

tulip0803
23-12-2013, 01:58 PM
who lived in a sieve,
She had so many holes she didn't know what to do,
So she got out the bowls and the towels everywhere
And prayed for the rain to stop before her feet got wet!

We have had sooooooo much rain since Wednesday last week I think my house has turned into a sponge. There are two leaks in the cellar, the roof of the utility is dripping where it joins the main house. My bedroom window is leaking into the dining room and the rain is coming through the sides of the kitchen window. The rain is horizontal against the side of the house and very very heavy!

A damp Christmas in store!

clareelizabeth1
23-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Oh no a very wet christmas then. I had one leak a month ago. It was wet enough with one and the drip drip drove me mad. Hope you get all yours sorted

hectors house
23-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Hope you have a lifejacket stowed under your seat! Also hope the rain stops soon and the wind changes direction - it's been pouring under my front door into the porch all weekend - really pleased now that my husband didn't take any notice when I said I wanted to put carpet out there.

Mouse
23-12-2013, 03:22 PM
We have a covered shelter at the side of the house where I store childminding stuff. It's pretty watertight through normal rain, but not when it's like this.

I've opened up the garden umbrellas in there to keep everything dry!

sarah707
24-12-2013, 07:53 AM
One of my chimneys is leaking into the loft... I wouldn't mind so much but I had it fixed last year! :panic:

I empathise with you we will be soggy together xx

Toothfairy
24-12-2013, 09:00 AM
The Sky Light in our hall is leaking & the bay window in the lounge.
Our garden is flooded, nearly to the top of our Wellies!