PDA

View Full Version : 3rd person policy....HELP!!!

shmuck9681
17-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi i have a child that has just started and mams friend brings her to the school i drop off at in the morning, could you tell me what policy and permissions i would need for this one as i have never had a child dropped off like this before, also if she was requiring medication could the person bringing her to me sign administering medication forms or would mam need to come sign the forms first?
thanks in advance

Chatterbox Childcare
18-12-2013, 10:14 AM
I don't think it matters who drops off and collects as long as you have that information on your record sheet and contract

As to medication - mum can email or text you permission, you print it off and put it in your file

Glitter
18-12-2013, 12:12 PM
I ask parents to write in their child's communication book (it's a bit like a daily diary) if the child will need any medication that day and ask them to sign it so it doesn't matter who drops the child off. It also saves having lots of separate forms that I might loose.

Simona
18-12-2013, 01:07 PM
We are all unique and do things differently but I would have a 'medicine consent' signed and filed with the child's file from the very start when parents sign the contract.

The only time I accept verbal consent is if a child suddenly develops a temperature and I have his/her own Calpol to administer...then mum can sign at pick up

As for who drops or picks up it is up to you what you wish to have in place ...I would want all names and phone numbers of those likely to pick up and add any new ones given...this does not require several forms just one page

As Ofsted are looking at safety at inspections make sure you have what feels right to you when different people drop off and pick up
Good luck

dawn100
18-12-2013, 02:17 PM
In my paperwork I just have a section where it lists any names and contact numbers of those who might drop off and collect and who it normally will be. With regards to medicine I would either give mum a blank form for just incase or say to mum she would need to contact me the day before to pop round to collect a form to complete and to send it completed in the morning with the child.